TT45A

fishrman

Trailer electrical connection question. My new tractor is out at my farm and I am not near it right now. I want to put a plug on my new 12v diesel fuel pump that I can plug into my tractor rather than using the alligator clips. Does anyone know which connection it is? I can't find anything in the manual but I know it has one. I think it may be a 6 pole round pin but would like to confirm that before I pick up a plug for it. Then, is there an easy way to figure out which is the negaive and positive so I can hook it up properly? As you can tell, I am not an electrician! :pat:

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
You should be able to get your dealer to make you a copy of the page(s) of the service manual for your tractor that indicates how the pins are connected. Or maybe someone on here has a manual that could post it for you.

Good luck.

Fred

It is connecter # 51, book has it's location at fender. Yes it's a 6 pin. If you can see the pin numbers, 1 will be yellow. 2 will be white. 3 will be grey. 4 will be brown. 5 is empty. 6 I think is light blue.

I got me a light for a work light the other day and want to put it on this weekend. It will wire into the same connector.

fishrman

It is connecter # 51, book has it's location at fender. Yes it's a 6 pin. If you can see the pin numbers, 1 will be yellow. 2 will be white. 3 will be grey. 4 will be brown. 5 is empty. 6 I think is light blue.

I got me a light for a work light the other day and want to put it on this weekend. It will wire into the same connector.
Sorry I missed this till now!
Thanks for the help!
Now, you brought up the work light thing. I want one of those too! Did you find one with the connector or is this something you will just wire yourself? Sounds like a good idea. Thought about just wiring directly to the headlights but there are times that you wouldn't necessarily want the headlights on.

No worries, been busy myself.

The plug on mine is just under the floor plate on the left side. I followed the wires across and found it. I've got the light, but haven't made it by a NH dealer to get a plug & wire yet.
I thought about a second switch for just the work light, but then to do it right I would need a relay and a fuse, etc...
I don't do much with it after dark so I'm just going to use the plug provided on the headlight circuit.