Finally! Bought a new tractor

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Well, after decades of wanting one, and years of forum memberships, I've finally taken the plunge. I've ordered a new Kioti DK45SE, cab, HST, 2nd remote, KL401 loader with bucket teeth and chain hooks, Woods Quick Hitch, Woods 6' rotary cutter, and Kodiak 6' tiller. Kicker is that I won't be able to have it delivered for about a year until our new house is completed. My daughter and son-in-law have purchased 12 acres in Tennessee, and will be building me a "Mother-in-law" suite along with their new house, to be completed about this time next year. The dealer is going to store my new baby until the place is ready, as none of us have any place for it now. I do get visitation rights, though! I went ahead with the purchase to beat next week's price increase and the Tier 4 final totally new electronic engines next year. I will post pics after it all comes in, and more when I can actually use it.

Fred
Newest member of "The Pack"​

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
SWWEEEETTTTT!!!

Congratulations. It's great that they give you "visitation rights" but that would drive me crazy not having it.

Sounds to me like you need to talk the kids into building a garage/barn first. Isn't that standard protocol when building on new acreage? That's what we always did. The barn protects the building equipment from weather and thieves.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats.
Might not be green but I suspect you'll be plenty happy with your new baby. At one time I was a Green wanna be ....but when I could finally buy I found green was priced so much higher for the same features that I also went orange and have been a happy camper ever since. I predict you will be too. :clap: :clap:

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
SWWEEEETTTTT!!!

Congratulations. It's great that they give you "visitation rights" but that would drive me crazy not having it.

Sounds to me like you need to talk the kids into building a garage/barn first. Isn't that standard protocol when building on new acreage? That's what we always did. The barn protects the building equipment from weather and thieves.

Unfortunately, building the barn/machine shed is on the list for after we move in. And with all the hooro stories I've read about people's tractors being stolen from locked containers on their property, I'm reluctant to move the tractor up there unitl we do move in.

And yeah, it is going to drive me crazy!

Thanks

Fred

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
From a guy that owns a 6 year old DK45s, you don't know what your gonna be missing while having that thing stored away. Mine has been a peach! It's taken care of everything I've ask of it around the house and now it makes a few dollars for me here and there.

I've replace a radiator drain because I went stump jumpin and didn't get high enough and a fuel cap, that's it. You're gonna love it ................ later! :wink:

Here's a little something to get your mouth watering .............. :17875:

P1010912.jpg

P1000554.jpg

P1010718.jpg

100_0612.jpg

54.jpg

P1010904.jpg

DodgeDump.jpg

BTW ............ Does that snow make my ass look fat? ................ :D