Can anyone tell me why my CK35 eats clutch disks?

Liz Booth

I have a 2012 or 2013 Kioti CK35 with a dry (not hydrostatic) clutch. It literally eats clutch disks. It went through 3 while still under warrantee and the dealer insisted that "someone is riding the clutch" this is simply not the case. Since then it has gone through a total of 6 clutches, the last one lasting little more than a month.
I have also heard the excuse that it is just too "small of a tractor" for the job we are doing. It is used primarily to put round bales out on a horse farm, this again is simply not true.
A farmer/mechanic who has used it before and after the last clutch told me that he felt that something was wrong with the (brand new at the time) clutch and it failed shortly thereafter, I did not understand what he was trying to say but it was something about how when you press the clutch to the floor it should engage/disengage there and he felt that it didnt do so until your foot was almost all the way back up. I know that this post sounds like it was made by an idiot but I am not stupid, I'm just not a mechanic. The tractor is used by male farm hands whose job it is to use a tractor to put out hay and unload hay trucks and bush hog in the summer...(not teen-agers or horse ladies etc).
There has got to be a reason why this keeps happening. Can anyone shed some light on this or has anyone else experienced this with this model? Is this a known problem? The only useful advice I've heard so far is "get rid of it" and buy (a different brand of tractor) with a hydrostatic clutch.
It bears mentioning that I have been operating this farm with tractors for 20 yrs, have had a Ford 3000 and a much smaller/lesser hp John Deere in addition to my current other tractor, a Ford 6000 and have never had to put a clutch in any of those and they are doing the same duty, same operators. Any help suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Lee1935

sounds like a lineament problem between the engine and bell housing which could only be caused by something not being machined correctly from the factory.

I don't know much about Kiotis just what I've picked up over the years from my lb2204,
sounds like your dealer should have replaced your tractor by now

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
but it was something about how when you press the clutch to the floor it should engage/disengage there and he felt that it didnt do so until your foot was almost all the way back up

This isn’t right in my opinion. It should be engagaging/disengaging somewhere mid way. But I don’t know much about Kioti.

When you look at the bad clutch is there an even wear pattern or does it wear differently from inner to outer?

Heavier load higher gear can you feel the clutch slipping?

I would take it to another dealer or even write to Kioti.