Jump Starter

Art454

I thing this is a great thing...check it out folks....Antigravity Batteries Micro-Start PPS XP-10 Multi-Function Jump Starter / Personal Power Supply....
Amazon has them.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Never heard of it so checked it out on Amazon.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Antigravity-Batteries-Micro-Start-Multi-Function-Personal/dp/B00MQ5Z5F2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417783117&sr=8-1&keywords=Micro-Start+PPS+XP-10[/ame]

Reading the description, I was really doubtful it could jump-start a vehicle and then I read the reviews.

Hmmmm. Christmas is coming and Mrs. Z told me this morning she hasn't gotten anything for me yet. I may have to add this to the options list for her.

Mark.Sibole

From my knowledge done be fooled by its size.They hold a ton of tiny batteries .Its not really the voltage it stores its the amperage.They will start a vehicle with a completly dead battery.Ive owned one similar to it and yes they do work great.They are also good for charging portable devices as well as a nice compact portable power supply.

Tailrotor

Matco versapower pack

Gentlemen I have both of the versapower packs from Matco the one is 400 CCA and the other 900 CCA and have used both for about 9 months they are amazing you can even start a vehicals with out a battery in it.

They have saved my butt when I was fishing and left my lights on came back and battery was dead in my truck a Ford F-250 diesel and hooked it up and started right up worth every penny I now have bought one for every one of my vehicles. The small unit was 149US and the bigger unit was 189US.

The Matco ones come with all the adapters to charge your cell phone and the bigger unit will even run your laptop for 8 hrs.

Warning!! I can say this the off brand ones you see on Amazon and other places may not work as well as the ones form tool dealers and name brand devices I have two friends that have bought the cheaper version of my units and are sorry already just my 2 cents I would stick to the name brand ones.

But they are amazing and work well most of the units can sit up to a year with out needing charged also. The smaller of my units can charge my iPhone up with in 45 minutes and 10 full times from dead to full charge before needed charged .

The bigger one will do it about 20 times before I charge it back up. I even had mine at my local kubota dealer showed him and told him it would start a tractor with out a battery even in it and he said yea right that little box and I said yes it will.

Took me back in the shop found a BX 25 with out a battery in it hooked it up and fired right up I gave him my Matco guys number and he bought 5 and put in all his trucks.

Any way just wanted to share some information on them and if you get one for Christmas enjoy.

Merry Christmas all!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 125

Tailrotor

Art I paid $149.00 for the 400 CCA and $189.00 for the 900 CCA this was from my Matco dealer.

The units retail for $189.99 for the 400 and $229.00 for the 900.

I am not saying one is better then the other or anybody's else is not as good I just like to stick with a name brand that I trust and besides that he comes to the hangar even week and if I have any problems he will take care of it.

Hope this helps.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I ordered this one this morning.
Antigravity Batteries Micro-Start PPS XP-10

Tailrotor

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Antigravity-Batteries-Micro-Start-Multi-Function-Personal/dp/B00MQ5Z5F2/ref=sr_1_7/188-6545987-1128330?ie=UTF8&qid=1417891445&sr=8-7&keywords=versapower[/ame]

BC I would say that one is the closest one to the Matco and probley made by the same company for Matco.

Just click on link above. Only difference is I see is Matco has 900 peak and 450 CCA were the other has 300 CCA and 600 peak

Art454

I went for this one myself...[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MQ5Z5F2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1UMBRA5ZTBCX8.....for[/ame] 166.35.

As far as cold cranking amps they all rate them different....lipo batteries the c rating there is only a guide there to....they either do the job or not is all I care about.....the one I bought is made in USA...lets hope....and a year warranty.

Art454

I really hope in the near future they will make 12 volt car and truck batteries.

Really hard to find a good battery that last long now days that they will even warranty without playing the battery games.
Like to replace it and not have to worry about it for 7 to 10 years.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Still running the original battery in my 06 RTV900. It was killed twice by the switch being left on or my big knee hitting it. Sure can't complain!