TC35D Stored for the winter will not start

ghhmtnboy

Hello,
I have a TC35D that is stored indoors every winter.
Normally fires right up when tried in the spring.
Not so this year, cranks and cranks, nothing.

Fuel was topped off when stored, oil change, antifreeze etc.

Does anyone have a suggestion?
I already looked for chewed wires, mouse nest in air cleaner etc,
nothing visible.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Pull the fuel filter and take a look. My Dad had similar symptoms and you should have seen his fuel filter. Nothing was going to get through it. Waxed/gummed up real bad.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Do you know if the glow plugs are heating up? Sounds like no fire.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I know you have already done this,... but make sure the pto switch is in the off position and also jiggle the gear shift levers. That happened to me.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I know you have already done this,... but make sure the pto switch is in the off position and also jiggle the gear shift levers. That happened to me.

Try to jiggle the hydrostatic pedal too. I had that safety switch on my Kubota L3400 go bad a couple of years ago.

Jim

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That's right Zoom. I got carried away, I guess. Does that model have a stop solenoid? if so I would check on that. good luck . collie

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
I agree with bczoom. Fuel filter or filters probably need attention. If they are ok the fuel shut off solenoid could be the problem. Does it ever smoke when turning the engine over?

ghhmtnboy

Will check it again today

Sorry that I have not replied to anything, been ill.
Will try a few things later today, not sure that glow plugs are working or that fuel is being delivered.
thanks

ghhmtnboy

All is fine

The mid PTO lever was in the on position, engine still turned over but would not start. Noticed this today using a flashlight, (dark in barn).

Moved it, fired right up.
Thanks to every one on this.

Shame on me for missing this:bonk:

George Hugerich

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Don't feel bad! Like I mentioned in the earliest post I made, that same thing happened to me. . Have a great weekend. :) collie

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad all is fine. :thumb: I'm just surprised that it turned over at all. That seems strange to me.
Don't be embarrassed, we've all done something similar I bet. At least I know I have. My new ZTR would not start up at the beginning of the 2nd mowing season. So I charged the battery, still would not start. I thought would a battery go bad that soon ....I hoped not but what else could it be. I checked everything twice . Still no luck ...until I noticed the safety brake lever. :eek: Oh yeah, that has to be engaged for the engine to turn over. Duh. She started right up. :yum:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad all is fine. :thumb: I'm just surprised that it turned over at all. That seems strange to me.
Me too.

I'd have thought nothing would happen when you turned the key.

Glad it's fixed!