tires for Christmas

chickenfarmer

Hey guys, I'm new here but not to the rtv. I have 3 rtv 1100s one with 1600hrs, 5**hrs, and my personal has 800hrs. All three are for farm use. Now for the question. I want new tires for my personal one. What should I get? I want 26" tall. I've read that 9" for the front and 11" for the rear isa good width. Stock wheels I've looked at the itp 589 and the itp xtr. The 589 may be a little aggressive so green grass pasture use..

brookshirefarm

http://www.allterrainonline.com/view-ATV-accessories.php?nav=subcat1&catID=1324&prodID=2233

I just put these on my x1100c.

Call Robin @ http://www.allterrainonline.com/cat.php?nav=subcat1&catID=1324

The come very highly recommended on this site and I highly recommend them. Great to deal with and very knowledgable

A thread from this forum, there are others as well: http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15985&highlight=tires
how do they perform in mud? Im just using them on the farm, but it likes to rain on the gulf coast

rapracing

So far so good. I got them to push show with but haven't gotten to use them for that yet. I can go where I had to put it in 4wd with the atv tires now in 2 wheel drive. The reviews on this tire are excellent. Call All Terrain Online and let them know your needs. Robin will help you out. He takes time to be sure you're getting what you need.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi chicken farmer. I had a reply to your pm but couldn't get on last evening right after I typed it.. oh well, I sent it now so check your messages.
I have the black water evolutions and love them . I do have a 900 and these tires have served me great and I mean great ! the lugs are deep and hold up well the pattern is multidirectional so they can be swapped from side to side. the sidewalls are thick and they don't pooch out like the xtrs. I use 20 psi in my rears and 18 in front and have had no issues on my 900. I have way over a 1000 hrs on my set and the lugs are just starting to wear down on the edges somewhat noticeably .
Robin at All terrain on line is very knowledgeable and will steer you right. It is a family run business and he usually answers the phone .
I had wanted a different tire and he warned me about the weight and wear of that one for my heavy machine.
I had a lot of trouble with the xtr that I bought for my 05 from some other place .. If memory serves right I had 2 sets and the rears all failed. (came apart internally - lugs stayed good)
Also will add that the Black waters are heavy and have thick sidewalls as well as long wearing rubber on the lugs. The lugs clean out great and I should know after driving through wet fields and feed lanes but I never push it :) collie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Ups, I just sent my last pm to "headquarters" . I apologize. to the bosses.

I keep the original tires on a set of rims and my winter set on another. That way, I can save wear and just quickly swap them. saves the multiple mounting fees too. Now , I am using the Blackwater Evolutions full time since I ran over a giant stob with my wore out oem atv types over a year ago collie.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Lot of members like them. They are good from what I hear but maybe some that have them will chime in soon. Anyways, I came right in from the barn because the sizes I pm'd you kept rolling back to me in my head- something wasn't right.... I said the wrong size.. This is what I actually use on my 900. front: 9 wide 26 tall 12 rim
rear: 11 wide 26 tall 12 rim

Mark.Sibole

I run grim reapers on mine with no problems at all with load issues.I Over load my RTV with wood and sand non stop.The havnt failed me yet in 3 years of overloading them.They are also great in the snow and mud.
Put it this way its so overloaded at times the dump box hydrolycs wont even lift to dump the load so its a tad over loaded a lot of times.

Mark

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
I stayed with 12" wheels and went with 27x10 on the front and 27x12 on the back of mine. Have had it in some really rough places and have no scrubbing problems and no decrease in power or speed. These came from orangeaftermarket.com.IMG_0140.jpg

Tailrotor

I stayed with 12" wheels and went with 27x10 on the front and 27x12 on the back of mine. Have had it in some really rough places and have no scrubbing problems and no decrease in power or speed. These came from orangeaftermarket.com.View attachment 8746

Hey thrunderdome that rtv kind of looks familiar :whistling:

Lol!!! I love it!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 202