It's time to ask that question! :)

Dougster

Old Member
Decorating your tractor for the Christmas season has become quite a tradition around these parts... and they get better every year... although it obviously works best with "classics" and "antiques" in green and red than it does with orange Kubotas!!! ;) Sorry guys! :)

So what's the story in your neck of the woods? Are you a participant? Is your neighbor? Let's have some pix as well!!! :mrgreen:

Dougster

Attachments

• Christmas Tractor.jpg
    Christmas Tractor.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 477
  • Christmas Kubota.jpg
    Christmas Kubota.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 512

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nothing like that here, but I like the idea.

I hope some others have pics to share. :thumb:

Dougster

Old Member
Nothing like that here, but I like the idea.

I hope some others have pics to share. :thumb:
I'm actually going out with my digi camera next week. It's quite popular around here. You wouldn't think so in silly old Taxachusetts... but those that have them (i.e., antique & classic tractors) flaunt them!!! ;)

Dougster

I'm actually going out with my digi camera next week. It's quite popular around here. You wouldn't think so in silly old Taxachusetts... but those that have them (i.e., antique & classic tractors) flaunt them!!! ;)

Dougster

That's just cause you folk around here have nothin better to do with all that money ya have. :wave:

Dougster

Old Member
That's just cause you folk around here have nothin better to do with all that money ya have. :wave:
I'm at a loss to explain it Ed... but it has become quite the thing to do. I have a theory that all these folks that own the antiques have nothing to do all winter since there are no tractor pulls and they've all bought snowblowers or newer 4x4 tractors or can now afford the plowing services of a dirt poor lowballer character like moi! :D

Around here... no joke... you'd think that Santa arrived each Christmas Eve by tractor!!! ;)

Dougster

Yor are going to have to take me on a road trip so that I can experience this wonder. You drive and I'll bring the camera.

Dougster

Old Member
Yor are going to have to take me on a road trip so that I can experience this wonder. You drive and I'll bring the camera.
Funny how you forget that you work for a living... days I believe? ;)

Besides, since when are you prepared to ride again in the ARE??? I thought you swore "Never again"!!! :confused:

Dougster

Funny how you forget that you work for a living... days I believe? ;)

Besides, since when are you prepared to ride again in the ARE??? I thought you swore "Never again"!!! :confused:

Dougster

Yea, but you can't see the pretty lights during the daytime. So that means night time road trip.

I'll ride in the ARE just so the folks here can see some quality pictures. :mrgreen:

Archdean

Since I live off (way off) the beaten path this is as good as it will get this year! Plus I feel bad about leaving Ole Granny out in the cold, last year she got pissed and wouldn't start so I had to pull her just so I could put her back in her house (behind)! Shes old and cantankerous :mrgreen:

ChristmasGranny011Small.jpg

B

bczoom

Around me, most every tractor is in use through the winter so they don't get decorated.

Now, the heavy-equipment stores (and we have a lot of them) put up fantastic displays.

I'll use the local John Deere dealer as an example. Last year, in their front yard, they lined up 8 skid steers as if they were Santa's deer (in 2 rows of 4). Each had the bucket completely raised (to appear as antlers). Behind these, they had a large dozer which simulated Santa's sleigh. All were lit up very nicely.

We also have a local scaffold manufacturing plant. They go all out. Each year is something different but they build a Christmas decoration that's normally 5-8 stories tall. At night, the lighting is done so perfectly that it looks identical to whatever they're trying to portray.

I'll try to remember to take my camera out this season and get some pics of what they do.

Dougster

Old Member
Around me, most every tractor is in use through the winter so they don't get decorated.
Yeah... I'm sure this is mainly a Snowbelt thang! :D And mostly for classic and antique tractors as well. I'm not so sure that a lot of those tractors every see daily or weekly use. Many were purchased and cosmetically restored just to become lawn ornaments anyway... but some are clearly still running, working tractors. :)

Dougster

JDA 3020

There are a few around here that decorate their tractors with lights and have them by the road.

Couple of guys have decorated their combines and had flashing lights on the tires to give the illusion of them moving.

This year is the first time I am not putting lights on the house eaves and gutters.