Makin' a list an' checkin' it twice

Dougster

Old Member
Gee I think everyone of those look a little like FWJ. That and they doo look a little on the Classic side. I believe that during that period Challengers were not available. So that being said I still believe FWJ's claim.
THE REAL SANTA WOULD NEVER, NEVER, NEVER DRIVE A YELLOW TRACTOR!!! :bash:
And by the way... Brian looks more like SANTA than Junk does!!! Check it out... (Junk is on top, Brian on bottom)

Dougster

Attachments

• Brian Santa.jpg
    Brian Santa.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 381
  • Junk.jpg
    Junk.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 354
Now children let us not fight, or else you will get nothing. As the song goes (I ain't gettin nothin for Christmas cause I aint been nothin but bad) OH YEA.

THE REAL SANTA WOULD NEVER, NEVER, NEVER DRIVE A YELLOW TRACTOR!!! :bash:
And by the way... Brian looks more like SANTA than Junk does!!! Check it out... (Junk is on top, Brian on bottom)

Dougster

BA HUMBUG!

Dougster, Ya done went and done it now. :shitHitsFan: I thought I'd kept my TRUE Identity a secret, but of course, you just had to let the CAT outta the bag.:badidea:

That'd be CATerpillar.

And if it'll make you rest more comfortably this night, I'm starting to get quite a bit more interested in new Massey's. :respect:

Dougster

Old Member
And if it'll make you rest more comfortably this night, I'm starting to get quite a bit more interested in new Massey's. :respect:
SUCCESS!!! :thumb:

Now you are talking Junk! Now the planets are realigning themselves properly and true inner peace can return to those of us in the tractor world who saw your interest in Challenger as a HUGE mistake! :) You have begun the process of returning to your roots... and that is a very good thing. Your old friends Messrs. Massey and Ferguson can rest in peace. It will be a Happy Christmas for everyone after all. :thumb:

Merry Christmas Junk!!! :mrgreen:

Dougster

You think that because I have a bit of a belly and sort of a white beard that makes me look sort of like Santa. Well I guess that you may be right on this one.;)

Uh, well, uh, MAYBE Ol' Dougyboy is a bit confused (again) I can see that happenin', judgin' by the typical reaction to what I REALLY look like. People get this stereotypical image of what I (SANTA) look like and just can't get that out of their mind.

Here is reality,:thumb:

http://www.fantom-xp.com/wp_12__Santa_Claus.html

SANTA here, So what'cha good boys and girls (and Dougster) want for Christmas this year?:waiting:

I'm at my good pal FARMWITHJUNK's place right now letting my elves check out his CLASSIC Massey Ferguson 150 so they'll know what the BEST boys and girls get. :thumb:

He's wanting everyone to get what their heart desires for Christmas. (Ain't he just the NICEST young man?):king:

You DO believe in SANTA CLAUS , don't you?:whistle:
Here are a couple of good agencies to support...:thumb:

https://secure2.convio.net/ftc/site/Ecommerce?store_id=12641&JServSessionIdr012=pwkjo3u4e5.app26a
or
http://www.habitat.org/
or
http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/www_usn.nsf

Verification of charities...
http://www.charitynavigator.org/

Last edited:
SUCCESS!!! :thumb:

Now you are talking Junk! Now the planets are realigning themselves properly and true inner peace can return to those of us in the tractor world who saw your interest in Challenger as a HUGE mistake! :) You have begun the process of returning to your roots... and that is a very good thing. Your old friends Messrs. Massey and Ferguson can rest in peace. It will be a Happy Christmas for everyone after all. :thumb:

Merry Christmas Junk!!! :mrgreen:

Dougster

Still three in the running. Challenger, Massey Ferguson and Deere. Massey dealer seems to be more aggressively persuing the business. Challenger dealer has by far the best terms of service contract. Still awaiting his bottom line. Deere is the highest price, has the least interested dealer, all the while being closest to home.

All things being equal, the tech support and service capabilities of Challenger/CAT would be the tie breaker. But all things aren't equal at this point. I'm in it for the money. Plain and simple. Whoever can give me a tractor capable of doing what I need done, and do it at the best price will get my business. And THAT is where my ROOTS are. Brand loyalty is great but it doesn't feed the bulldog.

Dougster

Old Member
You think that because I have a bit of a belly and sort of a white beard that makes me look sort of like Santa. Well I guess that you may be right on this one.;)
Yep! :thumb: But I will say that it was more the beard and less the belly... if that makes you feel any better! ;)

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
Uh, well, uh, MAYBE Ol' Dougyboy is a bit confused (again) I can see that happenin', judgin' by the typical reaction to what I REALLY look like. People get this stereotypical image of what I (SANTA) look like and just can't get that out of their mind.

Here is reality,:thumb:

http://www.fantom-xp.com/wp_12__Santa_Claus.html
Mama Mia Junk! Now I'll have nightmares tonight! :eek:

I definitely prefer the image of you that I dug out and posted last night! :thumb:

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
Still three in the running. Challenger, Massey Ferguson and Deere. Massey dealer seems to be more aggressively persuing the business. Challenger dealer has by far the best terms of service contract. Still awaiting his bottom line. Deere is the highest price, has the least interested dealer, all the while being closest to home.

All things being equal, the tech support and service capabilities of Challenger/CAT would be the tie breaker. But all things aren't equal at this point. I'm in it for the money. Plain and simple. Whoever can give me a tractor capable of doing what I need done, and do it at the best price will get my business. And THAT is where my ROOTS are. Brand loyalty is great but it doesn't feed the bulldog.
I find it very hard to believe that somewhere deep down inside the Junk really doesn't care a hoot about brand or brand loyalty. Everything in your past indicates a deep respect and a sense of history and tradition if not outright reverence for the Massey-Ferguson brand and its predecessor brands... although your most recent purchase of a John Deere is clearly not that far out of character.

If you didn't own that fine collection of carefully restored antiques, I would say fine... buy the Challenger if the price is the same and the service agreement is deemed superior. But your museum-grade collectibles and past posts give away the fact that a tractor means more to you than merely a way to cut grass and make more money. In the end, you may look like Scrooge and even occasionally behave like Scrooge... but somehow I don't think that you are Scrooge. I cannot help but believe that there is more to the Junk than simply an uncontrolled desire to make more money. In fact, something tells me you've already got more money than you will ever need. :)

Again... Merry Christmas Junk!!! :wave:

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
Here are a couple of good agencies to support...:thumb:
The Salvation Army has always been my family's charity of choice. This goes back several generations and it hurt me deeply to see stores like Target throw the bell ringers off of their property. To this day, and even struggling with the effects of forced career change as I am, I never pass an attended Salvation Army pot without throwing something in... typically whatever change I've got or a dollar bill if I have no change. Further, I never knowingly shop at a store that has banned the Salvation Army bell ringers... and my kids have been strongly encouraged to do the same. Let's all please remember what Christmas is actually supposed to be about. :)

Dougster

I find it very hard to believe that somewhere deep down inside the Junk really doesn't care a hoot about brand or brand loyalty. Everything in your past indicates a deep respect and a sense of history and tradition if not outright reverence for the Massey-Ferguson brand and its predecessor brands... although your most recent purchase of a John Deere is clearly not that far out of character.

If you didn't own that fine collection of carefully restored antiques, I would say fine... buy the Challenger if the price is the same and the service agreement is deemed superior. But your museum-grade collectibles and past posts give away the fact that a tractor means more to you than merely a way to cut grass and make more money. In the end, you may look like Scrooge and even occasionally behave like Scrooge... but somehow I don't think that you are Scrooge. I cannot help but believe that there is more to the Junk than simply an uncontrolled desire to make more money. In fact, something tells me you've already got more money than you will ever need. :)

It ain't an

Again... Merry Christmas Junk!!! :wave:

Dougster

It ain't an UNCONTROLLED desire to make money. No, that's a very CONTROLLED urge. Come 4:30 every morning when I roll out for the workday, that's what I'm all about. Business decisions are based on what makes the best sense and NOT about nostalgia.

Don't confuse my interest in the history of Massey Ferguson and my loyalty to a particular model as BLIND LOYALTY to a fault to any certain brand. My loyalty is to my faith, my family, my friends, and my self. In the end, I'll go with what takes me in the most positive direction. You can take that to the bank.

And a Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Dougster

Old Member
It ain't an UNCONTROLLED desire to make money. No, that's a very CONTROLLED urge. Come 4:30 every morning when I roll out for the workday, that's what I'm all about. Business decisions are based on what makes the best sense and NOT about nostalgia.
Well, okay. That was not my best ever choice of a word. :eek: But your point is acknowledged. Hobbies and interests are hobbies and interests. Business is business.

In fact, this may be why you are so much more successful than I have been in the business world. I have a much harder time separating who I am from what my business is. The two go hand in hand in my case. Some folks seem to like that. Others probably couldn't care less or even find it a negative.

Dougster

Well, okay. That was not my best ever choice of a word. :eek: But your point is acknowledged. Hobbies and interests are hobbies and interests. Business is business.

In fact, this may be why you are so much more successful than I have been in the business world. I have a much harder time separating who I am from what my business is. The two go hand in hand in my case. Some folks seem to like that. Others probably couldn't care less or even find it a negative.

Dougster

It's all about what works for YOU. Or what you can make work for you anyway. Everyone (should?) has their style. I've had better luck by not looking over my shoulder or doing today what I did yesterday, "just because". I'm more apt to remember what brands DIDN'T work than I am to favor one that DID work in the past. Once you're scratched off my short list, it's tough sledding to get back on it. I don't automatically assume because Brand A built a nice blue box 25 years ago that their red bucket they sell today is just as good. They have to prove it to me. And I'm looking real close at Brand B's red bucket along the way. In other words, I make a salesman earn his cut.

And to further muddy up the water, I'm shopping for a pair of tractors. There's a remote possibility of one each from 2 different brands. One will be "mine". It'll spend the bulk of its life at my place. The other will be full time on a mower with someone else running it. I'm favoring a Massey Ferguson 583, cab, mfwd, 70pto hp for my use.