Suddenly totally dead

doug1948

I am stumped right now.

To give a brief history leading up to this problem.
I had run my 4110 out of fuel. Since I needed to bleed the air anyway, I changed the fuel filter. Then opened the pitcock above the injector chamber, turned it over until it started. I restarted a few times amd then let it run for a minute. When I tried to turn it off with the ignition switch, it wouldn't stop so I used the pull switch to stop it. Now I get nothing when I try to start it. Not even the glow plug warm up will start.
I read in my manuals about some fusible links, but darn if I can locate them.

Has anyone had a similar problem or had to replace the fusible link?

BTW, the battery is good.

Thanks
Doug

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I honestly don't know anything about Mahindra but I dreamed about sleeping at a Holiday Inn last night.

Wondering if the engine stop solenoid isn't working.

Any click or movement on the solenoid when you turn the key on or off?

doug1948

Hi bc,
No noise at all. I looked at the solenoid that the linkage from the kill switch goes to. Is that the stop solenoid?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Doug, I don't have a Mahindra but if the lights won't come on .... I'm wondering if the battery cable connections are good? If you have a cheapo light tester, you might could see if the power is leaving the battery and where it stops flowing. I would also check the ignition switch- they go bad sometimes like on my RTV- it would crank itself!. Good Luck ! bordercollie

doug1948

Hey bczoom and border collie,
I found the problem. It had to do with the arm that the kill sitch moves on the injector chamber. Thanks for the help!

Doug

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
I found the problem. It had to do with the arm that the kill sitch moves on the injector chamber. Thanks for the help!

Doug

Darn, just when I was going to chime in with the correct solution. :) Just kidding, I didn't have a clue but I'm really glad that you found it. Sometimes that electrical stuff can be a booger to trace, find and fix.