2810 Issue, now worried about this tractor

Larry S

Have 190 hours on my 2810 and just paid $400 to have the rear axle seal replaced on the tractor. Someone posted on the internet how to replace this seal so this must be a normal problem on the tractors. I am worried about what's next on my Mahindra. Should I unload this tractor while it has no apparent issues? Can I get $8900 out of the 2810 with front end loader and 190 hours on it? Thanks in advance for your comments on this.

shvl73

Normal stuff, not to worry.
As was pointed out, it can happen on any tractor. I've got almost 1600 hours on mine. I've done an alternator & a pto shaft seal. Now my seat & brake pedal safety switch need to be replaced. The seat switch has been touchy for awhile, now the other one too. I'll replace them & still be happy with the tractor.

Larry S

Mahindra rear axle seal leak

I have a 57 Internatinal 140, a 51 Famrall C, A Ford 3910 Type II and a Kubota B7100 none of which have ever had to have an axle seal replaced. At 190 hours my Mahindra has a seal go bad and 2 gallons of fluid leak out of this seal. Then I see many posts on other boards where people have leaks in Mahindra tractors. Someone even posted a step by step video on how to replace the Manindra rear axle seal. Just sounds like these things have too many leaking seals especially at 190 hours. I think it is time to unload it. Any takers????

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Larry, we have a classified forum you could post it in for better exposure if you decide to sell. If you are not happy with the tractor every other little thing that goes wrong will upset you even more, so it might be best for you to sell simply for your piece of mind.

I am not aware of the rear seal problem as this is the first I've heard of it.