FUEL INJECTORS

jbiglane

Took rtv to dealer yesterday too havethem check rtv because it was smoking bad and
lost some of it power. They first toldus that the fuel in tank had to much oil in it
(same fuel we run 8 other tractor on the farm with) so they drained fuel and put new fuel in it andthe rtvhad the same problem.

We then requested that they check the fuel injectors they did and found 2 injectors not working properly. Has any one else had this problem. RTV has 35
hours on it.

jbiglane

Took rtv to dealer yesterday too havethem check rtv because it was smoking bad and
lost some of it power. They first toldus that the fuel in tank had to much oil in it
(same fuel we run 8 other tractor on the farm with) so they drained fuel and put new fuel in it andthe rtvhad the same problem.

We then requested that they check the fuel injectors they did and found 2 injectors not working properly. Has any one else had this problem. RTV has 35
hours on it.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I haven't had any problems.
I'm not very particular on what I run for fuel either.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I haven't had any problems.
I'm not very particular on what I run for fuel either.

jbiglane

UP DATE <p class="MsoNormal">Removed injectors and sent to shop to have checked. Checked compression 500+ on two cylinders and 470+ on one, dealer said they were ok. Got injectors back reinstalled and stilled smoked.</p> <p class="MsoNormal">Took valves out and reseated them. Stilled smoke.</p> <p class="MsoNormal">Took exhaust system off. Smoke coming out of<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>rear cylinder. Took compression under a load. Rear cylinder 320 pounds.</p> <p class="MsoNormal">Pull rear piston to change rings found piston rod bent. Replaced rod and rings no smoke and power ok. Got rvt back 2-19-05.</p> <p class="MsoNormal">CONCLUSSION:</p> <p class="MsoNormal">The Dealer says water got into air intake system. The rtv is operated in rice field where the water is only 6-10 inches deep. The rtv operates with litefoot tracks or 27 inch Essex tires. The air filter was never under water. Dealer thinks the water entered the air intake system by tires or tracks splashing water on to the AIR CLEANER EVACUATOR VALVE. Dealer suggested that we plug this valve.</p> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>I would suggest if you run your rtv in water that you are very careful and also plug the valve.</p> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>We have been using atv in the rice field for work and hunting for many years.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>This year we were using<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Polaris rangers (five of them), two rtv’s and a Kawasaki Mule (one).<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>And have been using all but the rtv for 5 years with no problem.</p> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>The rtv in low gear has no match for pulling power in the rice field but it is just slower.</p> <p class="MsoNormal"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></p>

jbiglane

UP DATE <p class="MsoNormal">Removed injectors and sent to shop to have checked. Checked compression 500+ on two cylinders and 470+ on one, dealer said they were ok. Got injectors back reinstalled and stilled smoked.</p> <p class="MsoNormal">Took valves out and reseated them. Stilled smoke.</p> <p class="MsoNormal">Took exhaust system off. Smoke coming out of<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>rear cylinder. Took compression under a load. Rear cylinder 320 pounds.</p> <p class="MsoNormal">Pull rear piston to change rings found piston rod bent. Replaced rod and rings no smoke and power ok. Got rvt back 2-19-05.</p> <p class="MsoNormal">CONCLUSSION:</p> <p class="MsoNormal">The Dealer says water got into air intake system. The rtv is operated in rice field where the water is only 6-10 inches deep. The rtv operates with litefoot tracks or 27 inch Essex tires. The air filter was never under water. Dealer thinks the water entered the air intake system by tires or tracks splashing water on to the AIR CLEANER EVACUATOR VALVE. Dealer suggested that we plug this valve.</p> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>I would suggest if you run your rtv in water that you are very careful and also plug the valve.</p> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>We have been using atv in the rice field for work and hunting for many years.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>This year we were using<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Polaris rangers (five of them), two rtv’s and a Kawasaki Mule (one).<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>And have been using all but the rtv for 5 years with no problem.</p> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>The rtv in low gear has no match for pulling power in the rice field but it is just slower.</p> <p class="MsoNormal"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></p>

G

I would love to see some pictures with the tracks on. [;)]

I am surprised you had water issues, I have heard of people really thrashing their RTV's around, mudding with them and that sort of thing and never had anyone complained about this. I agree, just plug the valve.

G

I would love to see some pictures with the tracks on. [;)]

I am surprised you had water issues, I have heard of people really thrashing their RTV's around, mudding with them and that sort of thing and never had anyone complained about this. I agree, just plug the valve.

DRankin

I think that valve is pretty useless.

And the first chance I get I am going to re-route the air intake to the top of the roll cage somewhere.

DRankin

I think that valve is pretty useless.

And the first chance I get I am going to re-route the air intake to the top of the roll cage somewhere.