Recommendations on accessories

G

I just bought a RTV. I'm interested in getting a winch, but unsure of what size. The dealer recommends a warn 2.5CIw/remote. Total of $525.00, installed. This includes the mounting kit. I have been told, that I can get it cheaper, but I'm not finding the same thing in a package deal. Not sure if a 3.0 would be better or not. </P>

Also looking at buying the speedometer, hazard light kit, and rearview mirror.</P>

I did buy hard top, work lights for front and rear, overhead console andaccessory box. And thinking of having the bed sprayed with linex. I'm just not sure if it will conflict with dumping dirt and mulch. But I think it might be better than a bed liner, so things don't slide around.</P>

Any suggestions?</P>

Alex</P>

G

I just bought a RTV. I'm interested in getting a winch, but unsure of what size. The dealer recommends a warn 2.5CIw/remote. Total of $525.00, installed. This includes the mounting kit. I have been told, that I can get it cheaper, but I'm not finding the same thing in a package deal. Not sure if a 3.0 would be better or not. </P>

Also looking at buying the speedometer, hazard light kit, and rearview mirror.</P>

I did buy hard top, work lights for front and rear, overhead console andaccessory box. And thinking of having the bed sprayed with linex. I'm just not sure if it will conflict with dumping dirt and mulch. But I think it might be better than a bed liner, so things don't slide around.</P>

Any suggestions?</P>

Alex</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Alex,</P>

Please register so I can recognize you when you post or reply.</P>

Congrats on your RTV!!! You're gonna' love it.</P>

I was thinking of mentioning the forum that "Anonymous #2" posted but I didn't want to divert people from this site (and I'm a moderator over there so that would be even meaner to Neil (our host of this site)). If you do go over there, keep coming here as well. There's a bit more history over there since it's been around awhile longer but this site is catching up. If you have a question/problem/issue I'd still bet it would get resolved here faster.</P>

Anyway (just to show that it will get taken care of here), the Warn 2.5ci is definitely going to be too small for the RTV. I run a Ramsey 3000 and that (or the Warn 3.0ci) is probably the smallest I'd recommend. The 4000 is showing promising results for those that want a little more. The 4000# winches are great but are VERY tight trying to fit in the RTV. There are multi-mount systems as well so you can move it to the rear. Check out www.kubotartvaccessories.com (which is attached to the forum site already mentioned). Oh, and yes, you can normally findthe winches for a better price than dealers offer (sorry Neil).</P>

Speedometer - a great option. If the dealer will install for free even better. If not, it takes a little work (a couple tricks) otherwise you have to drain the hydraulic fluid out of the tranny to install the sending unit. Let me know if you're going to install and we can discuss how to do this.</P>

I have not heard anything but good things about any of the spray in liners. When you get it done, also consider the floor in the passenger area. The OEM rubber mat has a tendency of collecting water underneath that just won't go away. (Remove rubber and spray it there instead).</P>

For the accessory box... well... honestly... how do I say this. Although I don't have one, I haven't heard too many good things about them. It's manufactured fine and stuff but it's just a lot of $$$ for the small spaceyou get. If not already purchased/installed, you may want to reconsider.</P>

Lights are good.</P>

Did you get the stereo overhead console?</P>

Brian</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Alex,</P>

Please register so I can recognize you when you post or reply.</P>

Congrats on your RTV!!! You're gonna' love it.</P>

I was thinking of mentioning the forum that "Anonymous #2" posted but I didn't want to divert people from this site (and I'm a moderator over there so that would be even meaner to Neil (our host of this site)). If you do go over there, keep coming here as well. There's a bit more history over there since it's been around awhile longer but this site is catching up. If you have a question/problem/issue I'd still bet it would get resolved here faster.</P>

Anyway (just to show that it will get taken care of here), the Warn 2.5ci is definitely going to be too small for the RTV. I run a Ramsey 3000 and that (or the Warn 3.0ci) is probably the smallest I'd recommend. The 4000 is showing promising results for those that want a little more. The 4000# winches are great but are VERY tight trying to fit in the RTV. There are multi-mount systems as well so you can move it to the rear. Check out www.kubotartvaccessories.com (which is attached to the forum site already mentioned). Oh, and yes, you can normally findthe winches for a better price than dealers offer (sorry Neil).</P>

Speedometer - a great option. If the dealer will install for free even better. If not, it takes a little work (a couple tricks) otherwise you have to drain the hydraulic fluid out of the tranny to install the sending unit. Let me know if you're going to install and we can discuss how to do this.</P>

I have not heard anything but good things about any of the spray in liners. When you get it done, also consider the floor in the passenger area. The OEM rubber mat has a tendency of collecting water underneath that just won't go away. (Remove rubber and spray it there instead).</P>

For the accessory box... well... honestly... how do I say this. Although I don't have one, I haven't heard too many good things about them. It's manufactured fine and stuff but it's just a lot of $$$ for the small spaceyou get. If not already purchased/installed, you may want to reconsider.</P>

Lights are good.</P>

Did you get the stereo overhead console?</P>

Brian</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="DRankin"]The second post was from me. Don't know why it came up as anonymous.[/quote]</P>

I guess you weren't signed in. [;)]</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="DRankin"]The second post was from me. Don't know why it came up as anonymous.[/quote]</P>

I guess you weren't signed in. [;)]</P>

G

Thanks, PM's do work. From what I have noticed about 1/4 of the time you click on the link and it does not go though, try it again and it does... weird. The forum people know about it and are planning on fixing the problem.</P>

As for posting other links, I could care less what you link to or post about. I do draw the line at someone spamming their own site,but you can do what youwant here. </P>

</P>

I think you got the accessories pretty well nailed.I would wait till you own the thing for a few weeks and then decide what you think you could use. For me,the roof and windshield are at the top for the list, anything else is just bonus. </P>

</P>

</P>

G

Thanks, PM's do work. From what I have noticed about 1/4 of the time you click on the link and it does not go though, try it again and it does... weird. The forum people know about it and are planning on fixing the problem.</P>

As for posting other links, I could care less what you link to or post about. I do draw the line at someone spamming their own site,but you can do what youwant here. </P>

</P>

I think you got the accessories pretty well nailed.I would wait till you own the thing for a few weeks and then decide what you think you could use. For me,the roof and windshield are at the top for the list, anything else is just bonus. </P>

</P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="MessickFarmEqu"]

I think you got the accessories pretty well nailed.I would wait till you own the thing for a few weeks and then decide what you think you could use. For me,the roof and windshield are at the top for the list, anything else is just bonus. [/quote]</P>

Oh yea. Get a windshield. I agree with Neil that besides a roof, it's right at the top of the list. Stops the bug splats on you face in the summer and cold air in the winter.</P>

To go back to the winch for amoment. The Ramsey and many of the Warn winches have a dash mounted (hard-wired) switch as well as a remote control FOB based switch. Having the wireless remote is very handy. I would say I probably use the wireless more than the hard wired switch.</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="MessickFarmEqu"]

I think you got the accessories pretty well nailed.I would wait till you own the thing for a few weeks and then decide what you think you could use. For me,the roof and windshield are at the top for the list, anything else is just bonus. [/quote]</P>

Oh yea. Get a windshield. I agree with Neil that besides a roof, it's right at the top of the list. Stops the bug splats on you face in the summer and cold air in the winter.</P>

To go back to the winch for amoment. The Ramsey and many of the Warn winches have a dash mounted (hard-wired) switch as well as a remote control FOB based switch. Having the wireless remote is very handy. I would say I probably use the wireless more than the hard wired switch.</P>