Parts for Curtis soft cab

Tact

I need some help guys. I recently purchased a new Curtis soft cab from an individual which did not include several parts such as a hardware fastener kit, nuts and bolts, a striker bolt assembly, and lower mounts. I didn't expect getting these parts from my dealer would be such a nightmare. My dealer who is a great guy said he contacted Curtis and they would not sell directly to him. He would have to order these parts through Kubota. Kubota said they do not sell these these kits as Curtis has on their parts list and each individual bolt and nut would have to be ordered separately. Do any of you know of a contact person from Kubota that I can call direct to help with this issue. I live in the western Tennessee area. Thanks, Fred.

Tact

I need some help guys. I recently purchased a new Curtis soft cab from an individual which did not include several parts such as a hardware fastener kit, nuts and bolts, a striker bolt assembly, and lower mounts. I didn't expect getting these parts from my dealer would be such a nightmare. My dealer who is a great guy said he contacted Curtis and they would not sell directly to him. He would have to order these parts through Kubota. Kubota said they do not sell these these kits as Curtis has on their parts list and each individual bolt and nut would have to be ordered separately. Do any of you know of a contact person from Kubota that I can call direct to help with this issue. I live in the western Tennessee area. Thanks, Fred.

G

I'm afraid your complaint resides with the Individual that you purchased the soft cab from it is a standard industry standard that a manufacture makes a product to another manufactures standard as Curtis does for Kubota that is as far as the the responsibility goes for the maker of the product!!</P>

I would recommend that you order the missing parts from Kubota as they are the conduit to the originial manufacture!!</P>

G

I'm afraid your complaint resides with the Individual that you purchased the soft cab from it is a standard industry standard that a manufacture makes a product to another manufactures standard as Curtis does for Kubota that is as far as the the responsibility goes for the maker of the product!!</P>

I would recommend that you order the missing parts from Kubota as they are the conduit to the originial manufacture!!</P>

G

I'd also recomend chasing Curtis. Do you have a part number list of everything you are missing? I might know a curtis dealer who can help you out [;)]

G

I'd also recomend chasing Curtis. Do you have a part number list of everything you are missing? I might know a curtis dealer who can help you out [;)]

G

That was me by the way, its easy to forget checking if you are logged in before posting. </P>

</P>

G

That was me by the way, its easy to forget checking if you are logged in before posting. </P>

</P>

Tact

That's the problem. I wanted to buy the missing parts from Curtis who stated they could not sell to me because of their agreement with Kubota. When I got home I contacted my dealer who attempted to get the parts through Kubota. I gave him the part #'s, which were given to me from Curtis, and Kubota stated they don't have any way of cross-referencing the Curtis #'s to theirs.[:'(]. I fully intended to pay for all the parts, it just seems like a bunch of red tape. Mainly the parts are a hardware fastener kit, which are just bolts, nuts, and washers, a strike assembly kit for the doors, and 4 lower u-shape mounts. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tact

That's the problem. I wanted to buy the missing parts from Curtis who stated they could not sell to me because of their agreement with Kubota. When I got home I contacted my dealer who attempted to get the parts through Kubota. I gave him the part #'s, which were given to me from Curtis, and Kubota stated they don't have any way of cross-referencing the Curtis #'s to theirs.[:'(]. I fully intended to pay for all the parts, it just seems like a bunch of red tape. Mainly the parts are a hardware fastener kit, which are just bolts, nuts, and washers, a strike assembly kit for the doors, and 4 lower u-shape mounts. Any help would be greatly appreciated

G

If thats the case, I don't know what to tell you other than what your doing now. I would probably try Curtis again, but just ask for the part numbers without explaining your situation. It sounds like some of the hardware might be standard enough that you can find over the counter parts that will work. </P>

</P>

G

If thats the case, I don't know what to tell you other than what your doing now. I would probably try Curtis again, but just ask for the part numbers without explaining your situation. It sounds like some of the hardware might be standard enough that you can find over the counter parts that will work. </P>

</P>

Tact

Messick,</P>

Thanks for your help. I did contact Curtis who gave me the Kubota #'s and I ordered the parts through my dealer. Parts came in today. FYI -bolt, nuts, washers, 2 strike plates, and 4 u-shaped bar supports= $168.[:'(]. Did that hurt. You think there could have been an upcharge??If I knew exactly how many bolts, nuts, and washer I needed I probably could have saved atleast $70 at Home Depot. But I will admit they were real shiney and new looking[:cool:]. The bar supports were the same as electrical conduit supports and should have cost $2 each but Kubota charged me $15 ea, but they were plastic coated.</P>

All in all I still saved quit a bit for a new camo soft kit. Total invested $1200, so I won't cry too much. Thanks again.</P>

Tact

Messick,</P>

Thanks for your help. I did contact Curtis who gave me the Kubota #'s and I ordered the parts through my dealer. Parts came in today. FYI -bolt, nuts, washers, 2 strike plates, and 4 u-shaped bar supports= $168.[:'(]. Did that hurt. You think there could have been an upcharge??If I knew exactly how many bolts, nuts, and washer I needed I probably could have saved atleast $70 at Home Depot. But I will admit they were real shiney and new looking[:cool:]. The bar supports were the same as electrical conduit supports and should have cost $2 each but Kubota charged me $15 ea, but they were plastic coated.</P>

All in all I still saved quit a bit for a new camo soft kit. Total invested $1200, so I won't cry too much. Thanks again.</P>