pto pump

phil r

i'm a newb here,did my intro,got no response.gotta question.want to mount a pto pump on my mf-65 for the front end loader.can i run a prince pump with a drive shaft for the bush hog and leave the pump on the tractor?is there enough shaft spline in the pump to do so?can it hold up to the load? or will i have to pull it off when i want to mow? thanks

phil r

thanks for the reply. i did figure that,but i found a picture of a jd with a box on back and a shaft coming out to a mower.the box had input on top and the output came out on the bottom on the back side.

urednecku

Interesting. Sounds like a gear (rpm) reducer, maybe from 1,000 to the 540? I'd like to see that pic if you can find it again.

Now with these threads bumping, hopefully some-body else will respond.

Yea, my JD had that, turned at a faster speed and backwards if I remember right.

A buddy of mine was going to use a a/c pump off a car for his hyd unit. Haven't heard where he's at on that.

Did you get the gasoline, diesel, or LP gas tractor?

urednecku

A buddy of mine was going to use a a/c pump off a car for his hyd unit. Haven't heard where he's at on that.

On my JD530 round baler, there is what looks like an old Ford power steering pump that runs the hydro cyl. to push & pull the tie arm.