New Member with Mahindra 450

profnohair

Hello, I am a new member who acquired a Mahindra 450 with FEL in August 2012. I am happy with it so far.

Why is it that the 450 is not listed on many parts supply sites? Bill's Tractor Supply is one of the few that does list it.

DSC_3708.jpg

Thanks,
Prfofnohair

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi and welcome to Net Tractor Talk. I'm glad you found us.

Your tractor sure looks like a workhorse. I'd love to have a back hoe like that.

I have to wonder if your tractor is what they call gray market, meaning it was not sold in the US originally so the dealers to not normally stock parts for it.
If that is the case you will find a few who will cater to gray market equipment, plus there are cross reference lists where you can use some parts off of it's US counterpart.

Remember, this is only a guess on my part. Maybe someone else will know for sure.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mahindra 450...

Why is it that the 450 is not listed on many parts supply sites?
Welcome!

I don't know the Mahindra importer in the East, but Dave Siemens - Dave's Tractor is Mahindra's importer/wholesaler for the Western states. I have spent some money there, and I know Dave is familiar with pretty much everything about Mahindra. I suggest email Dave for advice. He should have access to parts for it, or if the 450 is a model that was brought over independently before Mahindra entered the US market, Dave can probably put you in touch with a parts supplier. I'm sure he gets these questions from time to time.

Mahindra is a huge worldwide corporation so the parts are out there somewhere, just perhaps not stocked in the US.

profnohair

Hi and welcome to Net Tractor Talk. I'm glad you found us.

Your tractor sure looks like a workhorse. I'd love to have a back hoe like that.

I have to wonder if your tractor is what they call gray market, meaning it was not sold in the US originally so the dealers to not normally stock parts for it.
If that is the case you will find a few who will cater to gray market equipment, plus there are cross reference lists where you can use some parts off of it's US counterpart.

Remember, this is only a guess on my part. Maybe someone else will know for sure.

I am certainly familiar with a grey market tractor having had access to a Kubota L1500 before purchasing this one. But I know for sure that this model was sold in the US brand new as I have brochures for both the 450 and 350 models and a letter from the importer offering it for sale to a dealer. The letter however is not dated. I wish it were so I could know an approximate age of the tractor. I am not having problems getting parts that I have needed (wanted) so far. Bill with Bill's Tractor is very familiar with this unit and has had access to everything I have requested so far.

If anyone needs specs on these models let me know and I will forward the info on the back of the brochure.

I obtained the original literature from an Ebay user recently.

Thanks,

Profnohair

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
With your serial number you might be able to pin down the year.

profnohair

Found out year of 450

I think I have found the year and month that my tractor was manufactured. The tires have 1991 and a month that I don't remember on them and under the seat it is stamped in the metal 3-1991.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats. Thanks for letting us know how you found that info. :thumb: :clap: