Kubota Backhoe Bucket

M

mtntopper

I am looking for a good used 24 inch quick connect Kubota backhoe bucket. The Kubota excavators use the same bucket and mounts according to my dealer on the later models. The 18 inch is great but the L39 can use at least a 24 for many applications. The wife won't let me stop at the dealer anymore. I will have to find a good cheap used backhoe bucket and sneak it home. :mrgreen: :waiting:

B

bczoom

Didn't you find one over at compacttractorreview.com a few weeks ago? I think the guy was in Colorado. Did you ever hook up with him?

M

mtntopper

I emailed him and he never got back to me. So, I am still on the trail to find a 24 inch bucket. I get more tractor seat time with the smaller bucket anyway. :biggrin:

BoneheadNW

Just out of curiousity, what is the weight difference between the two buckets (I tried to quickly look it up, but for some reason the kubota site is not loading on my computer).
Bone

M

mtntopper

I am not sure on the weight difference. I would bet the weight difference would not be enough on this tractor to notice. The 18 inch bucket loaded never seems to even strain the L39 at this elevation as I thought it might. The wife is finally pricing out a new 24 inch bucket but saying maybe we should trade the 18 for the new 24. I am not so sure of trading. As soon as I trade, I will find I have a need for the 18 inch bucket for some job.

B

bczoom

The wife is finally pricing out a new 24 inch bucket but saying maybe we should trade the 18 for the new 24. I am not so sure of trading. As soon as I trade, I will find I have a need for the 18 inch bucket for some job.
Ahhh, has she given you the idea of prices yet? Make sure you're sitting down when you hear them. You didn't mention which mounting system you have, but that info may be needed for proper pricing.

Mith

It might be cheaper to get your bucket widened by a machine shop (if you cant do it yourself) over buying a new one. But ofcourse then you don't have an 18" bucket any more.....