Code for Kubota colour paint?

quincy

Does anyone know the codes for the Kubota paint colour? I'm thinking about getting the tins painted on my 7100 later in the year and the painter I spoke to said if I could get the paint code, he would be able to get it from his supplier...

thanks,

Quincy

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've used Chevy's engine orange and it's close to a perfect match for a do it at home paint job. I painted my 6' rear blade and it matches pretty good, but the finish is not near as good as the factory paint job.
No idea what the paint codes are. I'll try to find them for you though.

Mark777

PPG automotive finishes lists Kubota paint code as:

Kubota Orange-----------------------------------------60550

Apparently, Kubota used two oranges, Old and New. I can't verify this code as being period correct for your model. But a good paint supplier/mixer (worth his salt) CAN.

Mark

**EDIT**

More notes, more results...here are Duponts paint code reference concerning Kubota:

DuPont Kubota Paint codes:

1987 BLUE W8877 UAD
1998 ORANGE F6395 HN
1990 ORANGE 67686 U
1993 ORANGE LIGHTER YS017 .
(TO DIFFERENT MATCHES ONE IS MUDDIER THAN
THE OTHER ONE- ONE MATCHES MAR 10913 THE OTHER
MATCHES 13935)
ORANGE DARKER YS019
1987 Kubota Orange H8976
ORANGE(NASON FAC PAC N.419.80

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
B

bczoom

As noted, GMC orange is very close. So is Simplicity orange.

On a related note, I've purchased the ROPS gray Kubota paint in a spray can. It wasn't even close to what the ROPS color was... I've heard the powder coating process on the new equipment is very difficult to match in a spray can.

That said, I'd consider using a more common color paint (e.g. the GMC), paint everything and then keep some spare for touch-up. It can be bought "off the shelf" and is a lot less $$$$ than the OEM paint.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Why does a guy with a green tractor know so much about orange colored tractors?

:yankchain: :mrgreen: :beer:

B

bczoom

Why does a guy with a green tractor know so much about orange colored tractors?

:yankchain: :mrgreen: :beer:
Since my tractor is green, it just gets used and never needs repair. Well, that can get boring on a forum so I just keep up with things (repairs) by watching all the orange forums. :hide: :mrgreen:

Actually, I have the RTV so I can check paint color.

quincy

Thanks guys. Going to look into it a bit more. I rang my local Kubota dealer and they have the Kubota orange (not red) paint in two ways... €12 for a 400ml rattle can or €20 for a 1 litre of cellulose paint in a can...
The €20 option sounds the best at the moment....

Since i just polished a bit of the original metalwork, the more I like the "worn look" of the original... Just a good cleaning is all it may need. I will have a look at painting the chassis/transmission blue on it for sure though, there's a lot of rust there.

quincy