TYM T353 warning lights

mountainview

Warning lights on my unit that come on prior to starting are battery/charge - and glow plug -lights. 4WD drive lamp, Parking brake lamp, oil pressure lamp, fuel lamp, PTO monitor and CHECK lamp do not come on at all when engine is running. Is it "standard / normal" that all these lights/lamps are listed in the manual (page 31) but don't work? Anyone with the same unit and same experience or is something wrong with my unit set up? Any suggestions?

urednecku

At start-up, prior to starting the engine, the system does a 'diagnostic' check, that's when you make sure the lamps work. When the engine is running, the only time they should be on is when there is a problem.

mountainview

urednecku: guess u r saying that all lights should be working prior to starting? on a T353
they might not all have been activated by the factory? Depending on model, certain lights may be activated while others are not - model specific.

Joeyd

If you are in 4wd the light should be on, if you engage the pto the light should come on. If they are not on when those items are engaged I would look at your fuses for a quick fix. They all should be operational on start up also.

mountainview

Thanks for your reply. No 4x4 light when in 4x4 - no break light. Dealer replaced dashboard to get lights mentioned in the owner's manual to work. Nothing changed. There are 2 plugs at the rear of the dashboard and if they don't have the proper wiring then it's a no go. Owner's manual might be written for many models. Not everything may apply to the T353.

mountainview

Joeyd: should have asked if you can tell where the fuses are. I found 2 cables (reddish color) at the firewall, engine side, that seem to have fuse housings on them - did not detail check yet.

Joeyd

Mt.view - The fuse box is mounted on a bracket in front of the firewall just behind the air cleaner. The box faces toward the right, it has a small finger screw holding the cover on. There is a diagram inside the cover explaining the fuses.