Potential Recall item? Emergency brake cable

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I didn't have my camera with me (but can take pictures tomorrow).
Looking from the drivers side, approx. 1" in front of, and 1" below the front of the muffler, the emergency brake cable rubs against the head of a bolt on the transmission.
At my current 58 hours, the plastic coating covering the cable is warn approx. 1/4 - 1/3 way through.
Being the emergency brake, would this kind of wear produce a potential hazard should it wear all the way through?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I didn't have my camera with me (but can take pictures tomorrow).
Looking from the drivers side, approx. 1" in front of, and 1" below the front of the muffler, the emergency brake cable rubs against the head of a bolt on the transmission.
At my current 58 hours, the plastic coating covering the cable is warn approx. 1/4 - 1/3 way through.
Being the emergency brake, would this kind of wear produce a potential hazard should it wear all the way through?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I took a couple pictures.
See attached.
This is looking in from the left side of the RTV, just in front of the muffler.
I wrapped a zip tie around the area (to slow or stop the wear) but the cable is rubbing against the bolt head on the tranny.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I took a couple pictures.
See attached.
This is looking in from the left side of the RTV, just in front of the muffler.
I wrapped a zip tie around the area (to slow or stop the wear) but the cable is rubbing against the bolt head on the tranny.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Here's another pic from above.
Sorry it's out of focus.

The rubbing is most noticable when you pull on the emergency brake handle. It'll pull the cable into the bolt head.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Here's another pic from above.
Sorry it's out of focus.

The rubbing is most noticable when you pull on the emergency brake handle. It'll pull the cable into the bolt head.

Ricochet

I have never heard or seen a problem with this cable @ that location on units with hunderds of hours on them.

Ricochet

I have never heard or seen a problem with this cable @ that location on units with hunderds of hours on them.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the info.

I sent the pics to my dealer so he has a record of it. He said he was going to pass the info on to Kubota.

Hmmm. Maybe it's just my machine.

I'll watch it for awhile.

Brian

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the info.

I sent the pics to my dealer so he has a record of it. He said he was going to pass the info on to Kubota.

Hmmm. Maybe it's just my machine.

I'll watch it for awhile.

Brian

G

I would not be too concerned. Those cables are very durable, If might wear off the plastic, but I doubt it will work though the metal braid.

G

I would not be too concerned. Those cables are very durable, If might wear off the plastic, but I doubt it will work though the metal braid.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OK, thanks Neil (and Jippy). I'm just going to keep an eye on it.
I've made my dealer aware of it "just in case" I do have a problem in the future.

Brian

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OK, thanks Neil (and Jippy). I'm just going to keep an eye on it.
I've made my dealer aware of it "just in case" I do have a problem in the future.

Brian