It is Orange !!!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Brought the RTV back to town yesterday tohave it given agoodbath & wax from the " convicts " at the courthouse. Done forgot that it was orange in color. Been hunting hard in the swamps and disc-up farm fields, it finally just turned solid brownish-black !!!! One would not believe what this thing bringsus threw with the 589 tires on it. Never spins a tire in this mud. It is truely amazing !!!!</p>

These trustees do a superior job on the RTV.... Looks better than it did the day I brought the " Iron Boar " home !!!!</p>

On another note, if you have never done any spotlighting deer at night with a remote control GoLight. You don't know what you are a missing out on.... ( That spotlighting is just a lookin', not a killing, that's all done in daylight hours ) That's the only way to go as far as lighting up the night !!!!! Wife said it looks like some sort of Alien coming out of the swamps, sweeping back and forth .......</p>

~~~~~~ jamie</p>

Captain

Do you get a free washjob or do you pay a fair price? Ourjailbirds in Texas are treated better than our soldiers and peace officers. Louisiana apparently has a better system. Captain</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Captain,</p>

RTV is washed and waxed free !!!As many times a week as wanted, any vehicle wanted, any time wanted, hot orcold !!!These jailbirds are treated like they need to be treated !!! Like hard core convicts .... Period !!!! One thing that can be said about Louisiana, they don't back down..... They make 'em work like dogs !!!</p>

In our parish, we have road crews that they clean up road ditches, they do all kinds of labor all around the parish. Even have work-release programs, where the convicts that are short by one year, and have a PERFECT record with good behavior and work relations. A business owner can use them for just a few dollars a day, money goes to the program to help feed 'em and maintance to the grounds of work release.... Prisoners don't get any money what so ever. Have several business' that use them, like the local welding & fabrication shop, carpenders, contruction companies, different trades all over the parish. But they are not allowed to go to work at retail stores such as Western Auto, Sears, Wal-Mart, etc, etc >>>>>>> Fact is, they are not allowed to be really around the general public , nor can they go into stores and such. The person who uses the convict picks him or them up at 5:AM in the mornings, and drops them off at 5:00PM..... If they have to stop at a hardware store or a conveniance store, convict stays in the truck. They constantly give them drug and alcohol test to make sure none is being stupid, again !!!</p>

Now when we have high water showing up. Buddy, ALL the convicts hate that time.... they go on sand-baggin' details. People should have to see these convicts have to work there ass off. Just watching them will make a person think twice before doing something stupid !!!!! </p>

Anyone coming south should go to the Angola Prison Museum, it's something that one would never forget !!!! That is one if not the hardest prisons in the United States, Louisiana Don't Play Games, they work the hell out of there prisoners !!!!</p>

http://www.corrections.state.la.us/lsp/history.htm</p>

http://www.corrections.state.la.us/lsp/</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
when i was 16 i had to do a whole summer of comunity service just for telling someone to steal something. it was from 6:00 in the mornin til 4:00 in the afternoon everyday of the week but weekends. if it was rainin or shinein. the bad part about my summer was it was the same time that the ecomeny was starting to take the down turn and they stopped the railway system comin into houma. they tore up all the tracks and left the railway ties there(need i say who had to go and load them up and unload them by hand) we loaded over 7000lbs one day the marshal said we broke the record for the most eight ever loaded and unloaded in one day. in the mornin i would get dropped off by my dad and i would get on the bus the marshall would make us spread egal on the side the bus and then he would open out lunch box and even go through our sandwich meaning seperate the bread slices with his bare hands(yep groce). after he checked us out we would head out to the jail and pickup the trusties yep we worked right along side the trusties. i got to be good friends with the marshall and one day on the way to unload the days trash we had picked up he stopped the bus suddenly and opened the door he then looked at me and asked"i sat in the first seat on the pasenger side" he said how far you think that gator is from here? i looked out the door and said oh!i guess about 25/30yrds man he whipes out his .9mm and started fireing i coudln't hear a damn thing for a few hours after that but it sure was exciting.lmao after that day he would take shots at the gators in the canal going to the ashland landfill . yep those was the days.sure straightend my butt out for sure.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="TWO GUNS"] Now when we have high water showing up. Buddy, ALL the convicts hate that time.... they go on sand-baggin' details. People should have to see these convicts have to work there ass off. Just watching them will make a person think twice before doing something stupid !!!!![/quote]</p>

OK, I have to ask.</p>

Why don't they fill sandbags all year long? If they had a cache of bags already filled onto pallets that can be loaded onto flatbeds, they're ahead of the game come high water. When the high water does come, they can just be placing them instead of filling.</p>

</p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Sandbags Rot !!!! Quickly ~~ </p>

Burlap & Plastic /Tryvectype</p>

Also, from what I understand. When they stay in the bag for a little while, they pack down, then they become like a big cender block, which when stacked, will not pack and seal !!!! They need be flexable when set out !!!</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yep an old sand bag ain't no good unless it''s kept in a completly dry place and that would mean a huge strorage building. as soon as they get damp they mold to what ever they are leaning against and thats how they pretty much stay until they dry out and you refluff them up.it's best just to fill them when you need them.</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
An education on sandbags! Too cool... LOL What ya don't learn on this forum. (and wish some of our people in prisoner reform would visit some of y'all and see how it should be done.)</p>

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
.... A business owner can use them for just a few dollars a day, money goes to the program to help feed 'em and maintance to the grounds of work release.... Prisoners don't get any money what so ever. Have several business' that use them, like the local welding & fabrication shop, carpenders, contruction companies, different trades all over the parish. ...

The other side of that coin is that the person who hasn't done anything wrong and is looking for work is under-employed when businesses use cheap prison labor who gets out of jail rather than do genuine county-work such as road cleanup, P-farming, etc. Why should an honest person have to compete for an honest days pay with criminals who will work cheap?

Just sayin'... there's two sides to it.