Stolen RTV's

jik

10 RTVs Stolen off dealer's lot in Central Texas!!
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>

<DIV id=post_message_1286759>I was watching the news last night and Ewald Tractor in Seguin got hit in the middle of the night and 10 RTVs were stolen.

They interviewed the owner John Ewald who said they must have cased the place because they knew where the cameras were and where to exploit their weaknesses.

On the newscast, you could see the guys driving em right out in front of the camera but apparently they parked the getaway truck off camera.

The most unbelievable thing about this is that this dealership is literally located right off I-10, one of the busiest interstates in the country and practically next door to the county sherrif's offices and jail.

Every time I drive by that place on I-10, I look over at the tractors. You would think that somebody would have seen something.

Holy Cow! Talk about brazen! No place is safe!</DIV>
<DIV>__________________
</DIV>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
This is unreal! What kind of rig(s) could haul 10 of these machines? Another reason to have specific keys cut for more and more equipment. I protect mine with my friends Smith and Wesson! I hope somebody speaks up and these thieves are caught.[:mad:] Bordercollie

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
That's Sad !!!!</P>

That's something I can not tolerate, is a thief & a lier !!!!! They are a caliber of people in the same catagory >>>></P>

I feel like Bordercollie, and I mean this too !!! </P>

Now let me say this,and I canot stress this enough, how I cherish my RTV, along with many other things I have worked so hard to get. I would in a blink a eye, or nothesitate a moment, to take a thief out . I have to feeling toward anyone who steals from another man, for what ever reason !!!! I had my home broken into back in 1984, stole a whole collection of antique guns, and a whole collection of modern guns, and many, many other cherished items threw the home. Never got anything back, and never found out who the people were that done this gut-less act !!!! But, it isn't a day that goes by, that I don't think about it !!!! So I have my reasons for my feeling !!!!</P>

I pray that they catch those people who has done this againstthis man,who is just trying to make a living. </P>

doggman

I might be wrong but I think all RTVs are keyed alike and most models of construction equipment are keyed alike according to brand. It makes it easier for an operator to move from machine to machine without looking for a unique key. </P>

Those thieves that stole the dealer's units also have a key for your prized possession. Maybe someone in this forum will come up witha workablesolution...</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That's nuts.

[quote user="doggman"]Maybe someone in this forum will come up witha workablesolution...[/quote]
I use a similar solution to Bordercollie's but a different brand.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
If put close to the battery, it will also stop the chewing varmints from possibly starting a fire. That's why my b-i-l 's track hoe has a cut off near the batteries for. Those darn rats cause much grief.. and even calves will chew on dangling wires.. they will also pull out oil dip sticks !! I got blamed for it once on the tractor- I mean the missing dipstick ha.. but then, found one in the pasture right near the tractor that had been parked there overnight 2nd time.. well he believes me know ! collie

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Thank God someone is answering/adding to posts. For awhile there I thought I'd joined a dead group since I'd resurrected a bunch of old posts and no one was conversing. LOL

These RTV forums are the only ones I'm aware of and as a new RTV owner I'm sure you all can appreciate my "chomp at the bit" eagerness to discuss these things.

I'll start a new thread just to liven up the discussion …… I hope I hope I hope..... :clap:

RickW

This is definitely the most active RTV forum. While only recently becoming a member, I did find it 5 years ago before purchasing our 1100. I think the lack of activity has a lot to due to market share. The average buyer is buying the RTV for work needs over their play desires. The added cost of the diesel and slow ground speed are also a turn off for the average buyer.

You just can't beat how hard the Kubota will work. Especially when you are doing it in the comfort of a A/C cab on a hot Texas summer afternoon. When building our new shop/office the sand was dumped 300yrds from where we actually needed it due to limited access of where we actually needed it. A 1/2yd at a time the RTV shuttled the sand to all the needed places and I never broke a sweat expect when when I had to get out of the RTV and on to the tractor for loading.

I bought the RTV for my bride. She just rolled her eyes and said "yea right ...." when I told her it was hers. Today I have to get her permission before I can use it!!! If she jumps in the Kubota with the long lens on her camera, I may not see her for hours. Once she learned how to lock up the diff she became fearless about where she can go.