welp it's official

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i got a visit from the sheriffs office tonight and the head guy for the parrish file a report against me. the cop said he don't see why they doing this cause the way he sees it is i'm helping the parish out by takin the trash and useing it. but hey they don't see it that way they said i am not to go on or near the dump again or they will have me written up and given a citation.. this is part 1 i ain't given up they just started a fight now i'm gonna challenge this crap.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What was the citation for? Tresspassing, theft...?</p>

I'd consider at some point, contacting the reporter that's doing the story on you and having her do a follow-up so the people in the parish know what's happened.</p>

</p>

Peanut,</p>

Just like BCZOOM said, contact the reporter at the newspaper.......Tell them about the Parrish Official trying to harass local man from cleaning up the dump.......get rid of the local official at the next election.............do it from the newspaper so everyone will know what is going on..........but don't go overboard........take it one step at a time........and please don't go near the dump until this is settled...........They will arrest you........</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,</p>

Another example of some bureaucrat with an over blown self image of his/her importance. Where do these parasites come from. Can't they see that you're doing the planet a favor? I agree..get the paper involved and don't get yourself arrested...Good luck..</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Tommy, take a look at this ~~~</p>

Like what was said before, get your newspaper involved. That will cover your butt, and expose any wrong doings by the locals >>></p>

Take a close look at this :</p>

http://www.babcockfirm.com/statutes/crimtrespass.html</p>

Another thing Tommy, remember, the law of trespassing also changed back in the late 80's in Louisiana.The " five strand law " whereproperty posted had to be marked around the property with a five strandwire fence, and posted signs every500 ft. That law was change to :( I'm going to state this my way, it's simple ) For one to be on anothers land, he has to have written permission from the land owner in his possession at all times, or be ticketed or arrested, and or both.Now this has much to do with the hunting land laws. But also, it carrys weight ontraveling on others land. </p>

My suggestion would be, stay away from the dump until the smoke clears. Keep a low profile. For some reason, I could smell trouble coming when all this started with the newspaper thing. People envy people all over the world, and why, I don't know ~~~ BUT, you want to get to the bottom, YES, I WOULD GET THE NEWPAPER INVOLVED, AND QUICKLY >>>> DON'T GIVE 'EM TIME TO THINK !!!</p>

>>>>>>>>> two guns </p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i sent the newspaper lady an email about it last night before i posted this thread. as for as the ticket yes they said it would be a trespassing ticket.this ain't over yet i am sick and tired of seeing people get away with to much control. it's trash for peet sakelike the cop said he told me i really like what your doing but i have to come and tell you anyways because it's my job he said he could have given me a ticket last night but he said he would just give me a verbal warning instaed. i have everyone on my side even the cops so when this goes to the paper and the channel4 news and any other news agency i can get to come out it's gonna make the parish look really bad. time to take a stand and say no more.</p>

Onfoot

Sorry for the hassles, Peanut! Quite agree with the advice you have been given by others on the forum. Stay away from the dump until this is settled, but put the screws to the parish with the help of the press. Bureaucrats the world over seem to get a charge from the little bit of power they have. Good luck, man! We are cheering for you.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
well i just got off the phone with the parish president and he told me that he's gonna look into it and call meon monday or wednsday to let me know. he told me that lots of people complained about me going in there after dark i told him i don't go after dark in the dump and that it's not me doing that but i also told him that when i caught people in there after dark breeaking into it i called the cops and was told it's none of my bees wax. i told him i can't see why i am being stopped from helping out people and he said it's a liabilty issue . i then told him no it's not because i go in there on my own free wheel and have been doing so for the last 30 years and if they needed i would sign a paper releaseing them of any liabilty that they think might arise. so today i'm going to go to everyones house from my house on down and ask if they had a problem with me recycling out the dump i know what they gonna say they gonna say what ever you do is your bees-wax it ain't hurting them one bit if i got there. stay tuned it's not over yet.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="tommy 20/69"]stay tuned it's not over yet.[/quote]</p>

Tommy,</p>

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)</p>

I'd like to propose you keep this to yourself until resolved.</p>

I know this isn't a "case" per se but its known that things posted on the internet have come back to bite people while the event/case or whatever it may be, is still open. You should consider not giving any details here until the matter is resolved (at which point, we'll want to hear the whole story with all the details).</p>

Your public admittance of going in there is why the Sheriff stopped by in the first place.</p>

</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="tommy 20/69"]stay tuned it's not over yet.[/quote]</p>

Tommy,</p>

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)</p>

I'd like to propose you keep this to yourself until resolved.</p>

I know this isn't a "case" per se but its known that things posted on the internet have come back to bite people while the event/case or whatever it may be, is still open. You should consider not giving any details here until the matter is resolved (at which point, we'll want to hear the whole story with all the details).</p>

Your public admittance of going in there is why the Sheriff stopped by in the first place.</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i gotcha bczoom . i'll keep everything on the low side and yes i'm not going to go back into the dump anymore til this is settled. hopefully the issue will be settled next week when they call me back until then i'm gonna let things go but if they comeback with the same answer as to stay out well then i'm gonna go after them full force with my camera i won't go into details about what i see back there but trust me it's gonna put some egg on their face if i do video the stuff i want to.</p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Tommy here is the guy who is hassling you! Thought you could use a good laugh! Stay out of there and let the reporters work for you.</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, I hate to hear this Tommy... Just remember as I was saying before "loose lips sink ships".. still applies.. Bordercollie</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Tommy:</p>

Sorry to hear of the latest developmments with the recycled materials. Several Forum members have offeredwise advice about keeping your distance from the waste materials depot <span style="text-decoration: underline;">and</span> not talking tofolks about the whole situation until it is finally resolved.</p>

Thoughtsand Other Ramblings:</p>

1. I found the newspaper article interesting and informative.</p>

2. Seems like local bureaucrats and/or trouble makers found it to be too informative.</p>

3. Others might like to cash in on the territory.</p>

4. Is there any liability to theParish when anyone is ontheir property.</p>

5. Seems like the local law is somewhatsympathetic -try to keep it that way.</p>

6. Is there a "work around" that doesn't put egg on anybodies face.</p>

7. From a legal viewpoint you might not have any choice but to stay off the property.</p>

8. You are creative, be thinking of other (legal) ways to get some of the good stuff.</p>

9. There might be some local/free legal counselavailable to you.</p>

10. Use any publicity wisely, stirring up a hornets nest usually means someone is going to get stung.</p>

11. Remember, no one wins when fighting with a skunk.</p>

12. Good luck from one RTV wannabe to another.</p>

Keifer</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
just waiting to hear back from the parish president yes they say there is a liabilty issue but i told them i go after hours on my own free will and i have been doing so for the past 30 years . i told them to draw up a paper for me to sign releasing them of any liabilty issue for me and i will sign it . so far i have had people call me and even come by to look at my yard and 100% of them say i should be allowed to keep doing what i'm doing. i plan on fighting this all the way to the top and further until the laws are changed if they do have a law that is. i will keep you guys posted on any new updates.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Might just be best to just sit back and let things settle down, people will forget !!!!</p>

And don't jump back in wide open, just slip a little at a time >>>
</p>

This was a lesson..... </p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yea i could do that but then again they warned me to stay out so if i get caught in there from now on it's a ticket . i would much rather get an ok from the parish to do what i'm doing.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
well i got a call this mornin and the parish president said stay out!! keeps bringing up about someone going at night and someone cutting the fence i told him goes at night and who cut the fence and he reverted back to it's a parish ordinace saying knowone can scavenge at the dumps. i guess the news people are the next step</p>

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Well, here I am draggin' up old-news again....

Just wonderin' how it all turned out, and thought I'd relate a similar story that might shed some light (or not)…

When I worked for the state I was leaving work one evening after my shift and as I walked by the maintenance dept dumpster out in the parking lot I saw some old used wire bundles and a couple of rusty steel truck wheels that looked good to me so I picked 'em up and threw 'em in the trunk and drove home.

Next week I was called in on the carpet and told that was not allowed... that one of the mechanics saw me retrieve it from the dumpster and that it is state trash and still belonged to the state and that I should bring it all back or face unpleasant actions. So, next day I brought it all back and, thinking I should get a witness, asked one of the co-workers to sign a statement he saw me put them back into the dumpster.

A year later I noticed an engine being removed from a Dept Public Safety airplane because it was timed-out and a new engine being installed. I happened to have been in the maintenance (mx) hangar the previous month when a mechanic had installed brand new spark plugs in that engine. (6-cyl engine uses 12 spark plugs costing $25/ea.)

When the old engine was seen by me on the shipping dock next day for the freight company pick-up I noticed it had a set of 12 old rusty spark plugs in it instead of the recently new ones.

The new engine which was installed CAME complete with new ignition harness and plugs from the factory.... so... what happened to the almost new spark plugs in that timed-out engine? Were they retained by the state to be installed in the future?

Well, it's a strange thing, but one of the mechanics happened to own a personal airplane in a partnership with two other guys and they kept it at a private airport north of town. Just so happens, a buddy and I landed at that airport and as we taxied up for fuel we observed the mech's partner installing slightly USED plugs in their airplane. Bein' a nosey bastard I wandered over and asked how much those plugs cost and the ignorant mech's partner actually said he and the other partner had picked up 2/3rds the price of them because their partner (who the speaker had no idea I worked with at the state) had come up with some "surplus" parts that were discounted. :hangingclothes:

Peanut... I wonder if the "parrish president" and his buddy watchman at the dump aren't a little protective of the "public dump" for selfish reasons...?

(In the case I mentioned... it worked out in the end. The mech was fired for falsifying his application. Don't know if that's the whole story... don't know who told on him.) :hide2: