Cub Cadet Carb Problem

GTSRider

I have a Cub Cadet 3000 series with the Kohler Command V twin 20 hp.
It does not like to throttle down, and stalls often.... while throttling down
now even at half throttle...yet runs fine at full throttle.
If I move throttle lever VERY slowly down after mowing... I can get it to idle with out stalling.... does carb need a rebuilt.
Tractor has 475 hr.s on it and I am not original owner, and can say
that it was not well cared for when I got it a year ago, but I picked it up from a dealer at a good price , and have been going through it little by little.Engine is using about a pint of oil every 10 hrs. Don't know if this is normal or not.
Am running Rotella 15 -40 ( I think that's the weight )
Thanks .
Pete

urednecku

My thinking is trash, maybe water, in the carb. My Kawasaki Mule would start to act similar to that. But when it died, it would not start again until I would take the bowl off the carb, clean it out & re-install, then it would run OK for a while, or until the fuel got low- then would not run at an idle. The machine is 20+ years old, so the fuel tank has rust\trash. I installed a settlement bowl, like this one, and the trouble stopped.
I know, I need to clean & reline the tank, and I will when I get the time.

OH YEA, welcome to the forum, & let us know when & how ya get it fixed.

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
could very well be your idle cercut is pluged....get a can of carb cleaner and blow out all the pasages of your carb......bet that will do it for ya.....

GTSRider

Now have serious fuel delivery problem.... no fuel getting to carb.... non to fuel filter.
I know there is a fuel pump run off engine.... and that seems to be working...
but is there an electric one at the tank... I think this one is faulty.
Any one have any experience with the 3000 series Cub Cadet ?
Thanks.
Pete

aaron0000934

This post is a little old but heres my thoughts. You might want to check the fuel line itself. I bought my 3206 used two years ago and it ran like crap, spitting and sputtering, not idling. I noticed a small leak in the fuel line, it was dried up and cracked. After replacing that it runs great. The fuel pump on the valve cover is mechanical and pumps when the rocker on the valve cycles. So when the engine turns over it pumps gas. Very little to go wrong there. You can study the electrical diagram in the link below. But the 3000 series cubs dont have a fuel pump in the tank.

http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/Cub_...epair_Manuals/

Good luck

GTSRider

Fuel Line

Thanks for the tip... I replaced all but one short section of fuel line from fuel filter to new fuel pump. If I replace that section all will be new...
but you are on the right track... if there was air seeping in from that line ...it would cause my problem.
Thanks.
Pete