RTV X1100C with snowblower

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If you only need 1/2", you could also deflate your RTV tires just a bit.

Westfield

If you only need 1/2", you could also deflate your RTV tires just a bit.
Yes I could but that would get old real quick. I do have 10 foot ceilings in the garage so I could always have an 8' door installed, but that would be $$$

Westfield

if you have a spanner wrench you can adjust the shocks just a bit and make it shorter.
I actually talked to my sales rep and ask him if he could talk to the mechanics and find out what size spanner wrench I needed. You know what the answer I got back was, use a channel locks it works good once you take the wheels pressure off. That is a sign of a hack mechanic! I trained production mechanics in my early days and when I saw them using a channel locks on a hex bolt I would chew their a-s out.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes I could but that would get old real quick. I do have 10 foot ceilings in the garage so I could always have an 8' door installed, but that would be $$$
I was thinking of letting some air out and keeping it out. I can run my tires anywhere between 6 and 20+ PSI. They do get taller when you hit 20PSI. My 25" tires stand 26.5" tall when inflated to 20..

Westfield

i got my spanner from Mcmaster carr i think
McMaster-Carr is an excellent company. I actually picked an adjustable spanner wrench out, but I am going to wait to measure the shocks diameter before I purchase this particular one. Do you remember what size spanner wrench you have?

Westfield

I was thinking of letting some air out and keeping it out. I can run my tires anywhere between 6 and 20+ PSI. They do get taller when you hit 20PSI. My 25" tires stand 26.5" tall when inflated to 20..
I'm thinking when I have the snowblower on the front of the machine I will have no problem getting in the garage because the weight of the snowblower. I will find out tomorrow.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
For a spanner wrench - Since you're using it very rarely, have you checked with your local auto parts store? Around here, all the major parts stores have the tools as loaners. No charge to get/use it but you have to leave a deposit. When I replaced my RTV struts, I borrowed the wrench, spring compressors... and it didn't cost me anything.

Westfield

For a spanner wrench - Since you're using it very rarely, have you checked with your local auto parts store? Around here, all the major parts stores have the tools as loaners. No charge to get/use it but you have to leave a deposit. When I replaced my RTV struts, I borrowed the wrench, spring compressors... and it didn't cost me anything.

I used to have a adjustable spanner wrench in my toolbox. I have a another tool box in my cabin I will have to check that before I go and buy one. I like to have my own tools I do not like to borrow.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Agreed on buy vs borrowed. ;)

I too try to have my own. What I hate is knowing you have it but can't find it. :(

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
McMaster-Carr is an excellent company. I actually picked an adjustable spanner wrench out, but I am going to wait to measure the shocks diameter before I purchase this particular one. Do you remember what size spanner wrench you have?

i will look at it tomorrow and see if it has a number on it and let you know

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
my wrench is from Martin tool and Forge product number 474 range 2" to 4-3/4" . i purchased it from Mcmaster Carr.

i went out to check rather than wait until tomorrow. i know you you will need something to do during the anticipation time until it gets here.

Last edited:

Westfield

my wrench is from Martin tool and Forge product number 474 range 2" to 4-3/4" . i purchased it from Mcmaster Carr.

i went out to check rather than wait until tomorrow. i know you you will need something to do during the anticipation time until it gets here.

aurthuritis, I really appreciate all the help you have giving me through this experience.

Westfield

Well? it show up yet????
The driver just called and told me it would be about an hour. More than likely I will have to get to back to you guys tomorrow morning, because I have a feeling I might be driving this thing till midnight tonight.:14_6_12: