RTV X1100C with snowblower

Westfield

Westfield

I'm happy to say I now have my Kubota X 1100 C tucked away in my garage. This thing is nicer than I imagined, beautiful piece of machinery. And it fits in my garage just fine. Now that I finally got a good night's sleep I will play with it a lot more today. I hope you guys can answer all the questions I'll have after I drive it for a while. It's 5:30 a.m. here, I think while my wife is sleeping I will go outside with the Kubota and try the lights out.

Attachments

• 20200304_151801.jpg
    20200304_151801.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
KTAC? you can insure your Kubota for complete loss . fire theft damage you name it and it is very reasonable. but like always compare to your homeowners first.

that is a very nice looking new machine and the poodle will enjoy long rides too. congradulations.

Westfield

KTAC? you can insure your Kubota for complete loss . fire theft damage you name it and it is very reasonable. but like always compare to your homeowners first.

that is a very nice looking new machine and the poodle will enjoy long rides too. congradulations.

Right now my wife is checking with her insurance company. My little girl doggy is a shih-poo

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't insure through KTAC. I have full coverage for about $50/year through Progressive.

Westfield

My wife just tried registering this with a DNR so I could drive on the roads, on the form it says 2,300 pounds is too heavy to register this vehicle for Road use. How stupid is that.

Westfield

My wife just tried to register the Kubota with the DNR so I could drive it on the roads. When she was filling out the form online it says that 2300 LB is too heavy. I was not expecting that what the hell does the vehicle's weight have to do with it. Cars and trucks weigh thousands of pounds, what's the difference what it weighs. Oh well I guess I can't drive my wife out to dinner at it tonight

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
My wife just tried to register the Kubota with the DNR so I could drive it on the roads. When she was filling out the form online it says that 2300 LB is too heavy. I was not expecting that what the hell does the vehicle's weight have to do with it. Cars and trucks weigh thousands of pounds, what's the difference what it weighs. Oh well I guess I can't drive my wife out to dinner at it tonight

i wonder how many size and weights officers even know?:tiphat:

Westfield

i wonder how many size and weights officers even know?:tiphat:

Exactly. Where I am living now I do not think a police officer is going to bother me. There is so many farmers by me, as long as I have my slow-moving vehicle sign on the back I don't think they will bother me.

Westfield

I forgot to tell you guys my first bad experience owning a Kubota. I went and bought two new 5-gallon diesel containers. nozzle barely fit in a gas can made for diesel. The problem is there is no way to relieve the pressure while you're pumping it into the can so when you pull the nozzle out or move the fuel nozzle diesel fuel sprayed all over me. Long story short I had to race home to clean up. Once I got home I realized I did not secure the gas cans properly and one tipped over and was leaking gas all over the back of my truck. And then I got to get yelled at by my wife cuz everything I was wearing smell like diesel fuel. Oh well

Last edited:

Westfield

https://deutscheoptik.com/SET-OF-FOUR-20-Liter-Jerry-Can.html

i bought a set of these about six years ago. still going strong

That is a nice gas can, unfortunately with my bad back the extra weight of that can would probably put me over my limit. Once I empty the cans out I'm going to modify them possibly put a vent hole in the top with a plug. The next I'm going to cut the stupid internal filter off that's right where you put the gas in.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i haven't done it but i have seed a hole drilled into the tallest part of the can and a tire valve stem popped into the hole. the core is left out and the cap unscrewed when you need a vent

Westfield

i haven't done it but i have seed a hole drilled into the tallest part of the can and a tire valve stem popped into the hole. the core is left out and the cap unscrewed when you need a vent

Excellent idea thank you very much! That should work perfect.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'm paying $75 for liability alone thru State Farm for the roxor. My RTV was about the same but add the complete package and it mushrooms to almost 500 a year.I think I paid 300 complete for the RTV . I'm considering taking a chance and just doing liability this year.