Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatwave

I think we need an amendment to the Constitution: people over 35 are prohibited from buying, owning, borrowing, inheriting, possessing, and ... most importantly ... using a ladder. They're OK for younger people ... but my old body doesn't heal like it used to.

BC: if you feel the need for climbing a ladder ... take a nap until the feeling passes.

From the Internet: "Each year, the Consumer Product Safety Commission reports over 511,000 people are treated in hospital emergency rooms, doctors' offices, clinics and other medical settings because of injuries related to ladder use. Most injuries are cuts, bruises and fractured bones. However, more than 300 people die a year from ladder injuries--almost one death per day."

This is no joking or laughing matter.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Gary, Jamie ,oldhat,pepr,Doc,and Heatwave. I will be taking the advil tonight -nothing broken, just a sore head,ribs and leg . I held on to the ladder and rode it down, it sorta reminded me of those old wiley coyote cartoons . Thank ya'll for your concern and kind words. I appreciate them. God Bless ya'll too.
bordercollie -

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
As usual, I'm late to the party.

Sorry to hear about your ladder incident but glad you came out relatively unscathed.

Heatwave - Regarding "I think we need an amendment to the Constitution: people over 35 are prohibited from buying, owning, borrowing, inheriting, possessing, and ... most importantly ... using a ladder." I think you have it backwards.

I think it should read more like "A ladder is prohibited from falling, leaning or slipping when in use by a person over 35". Let's put the law on the ladder. There's enough damn laws that prohibit activities by people.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
:) Thanks zoom, that is funny !! . I just can't stay down, got on the 16 ft A ladder to clean out the gutter collector on the house today... and stood on top to reach into the gutter thing. All went well and am ready for the rain. When I "go", I intend to go with my tennis shoes on. :) :) I really don't want to "go" by cow or ladder but give me the outdoors and I guess it will do ... we worked cows today and that heifer that pepr liked when he came for a visit last year has all grown up, turned into a nice keeper and then blew snot all over me as I latched her in the headgate... what fun though not really a bad life at all.. :) bordercollie

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
We need to send you back for retraining on "landing" since that is the part that injures and hurts! I have all these nice ladders on a rack I built in the barn. As I have aged I have moved down in length from 48ft. to 36ft. Now I think it might be time to sell those big ones and go down to 24ft. Sure don't need them around here as I don't climb that high anymore. Hope you are feeling better and just remember when you hurt it is a reminder you are still alive.:whistling:

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
BorderCollie, I'll be glad to take that snot blowing heifer off your hands, see if I can break her of that habit!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
What a hoot!! I definitely need one of those then. But, by the time I remembered which cord to pull...............splat :) bordercollie

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
All this talk about ladders has me wanting to climb up in the hay mow. That and the fact it is only 63 degrees and not 100+ up there. When we ran bales up about 2 weeks ago it like to kill me.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
All this talk about ladders has me wanting to climb up in the hay mow. That and the fact it is only 63 degrees and not 100+ up there. When we ran bales up about 2 weeks ago it like to kill me.
I hear ya Mulman.:agree: This is the coolest July I ever remember- and the most July rain in a long time too. I can almost feel Fall... the season I mean.:yum: :yum: :yum: bordercollie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
:) :) You are right about that Ohio- now we just have to keep Muleman out of the loft and from throwing that hay around up there . ;)

oldhat

Site Supporter
Moved 69 Large round bails of broam hay yesterday down to my brother in laws. Had 5 trailers and moved all but 7 bails in one trip. I had more hay this year than in the last 10 years.
oldhat

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Hay, what a good and a bad thing. Several years ago I finally decided to sell my hay equipment and buy hay. Man, what a great decision.

Last year during the great drought, it was a struggle to find hay that a cow would eat all while having to spend $50/4x5 bale. Finally got enough bought in September, maybe October.

This year, what a turnaround. Had the barn full by mid-June, high quality hay at that.

The bad news is that I have yet to position myself to graze year round. Still working on that arduous task.

Yep BorderCollie, just a bit envious of your hay needs.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hay, what a good and a bad thing. Several years ago I finally decided to sell my hay equipment and buy hay. Man, what a great decision.

Last year during the great drought, it was a struggle to find hay that a cow would eat all while having to spend $50/4x5 bale. Finally got enough bought in September, maybe October.

This year, what a turnaround. Had the barn full by mid-June, high quality hay at that.

The bad news is that I have yet to position myself to graze year round. Still working on that arduous task.

Yep BorderCollie, just a bit envious of your hay needs.

Pepr, I sometimes wish we didn't have so many! The commercial herd are not as much as a hassle but the 135 registered...AI ing and what goes with it ...well you know because you do that too- are a real pain. We have a closed herd but the bil bought 10 embryo transfer recepts , that had our F45 embryos from a flush- and anyway we have to segregate these things because they are from Colorado, and wild as banshees. One will stomp her feet and charge.. ya best move...fast.. We will sell them as soon as the calves are weaned that they will have this Fall. That will be quite a while... Then there is J44 is is becoming arrogant and cocky in her old age. I was moving the grown registered with the RTV and she let them the other way. She gave me that look like "your are not the boss,I am". :( She is a real pain boss cow :elephantRear: ... Alway, I guess it is a good life... since I have the RTV it makes it an A+ one. :) bordercollie

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 72

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
To BorderCollie, I feel very experienced with cattle; however, there are times when my head is surrounded by many question marks, like now. So a bit embarrassed to ask, but what are F45 embryos? Never had those when we did ET.

????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????
????????????????
?????????

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
To BorderCollie, I feel very experienced with cattle; however, there are times when my head is surrounded by many question marks, like now. So a bit embarrassed to ask, but what are F45 embryos? Never had those when we did ET.

????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????
????????????????
?????????

Hi Pepr, that is our "super cow". All of her off spring is super.Calves are beautiful, easy fleshing, good disposition, adults are great milk producers to feed their young, just some really good genetics. I think she is around 12 or 14 years so we are trying to improve our herd with these off spring of hers. Those crazy wild Colorado cows are worth fooling with to serve as host mamas the bil says. Although, I may call you when tagging and weighing time comes with the charger fool . How high can you jump or fast can you roll under the RTV??! The way " Colorado" all came about is a long story ..:hammer::hammer: bordercollie

Status
Not open for further replies.