FF having issues? 9/12

Keltin

Don’t really know…..Doc runs DotHQ which includes web hosting, so perhaps this is his router that went down? Doing a Trace Route, the IP of that router is listed to Suddenlink as the last hop, so I was assuming it’s the ISP that is having the problem.

Chow, a lot of ISPs, including mine, give you free online storage with your account, and you can buy more. So I could actually host a forum or webpage with my account now, but if my ISP had problems then my page or forum would go down. Heck, I could build a page now on my personal PC, run a web server like Apache, tweak my firewall, and actually host a page or forum right now….as long as I never turned my PC off that is.

chowhound

Yeah, I never gave hosting my own website a thought, Keltin. So much safer (IMO) to let the big boys handle it. And it was highly reccomended by the IT guy who got me started.
BTW, thinking about your DO beer, sausage and veggies for tonight (lol).

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Jerry. I just now got your message. I've been having to much fun at the sterwheeler festival and I was texting at the time your call came in and I thought it was another text. My bad.
Sass called me around 11 last night just after the fantastic firework show here. I notified the ISP but the issue could not be resolved until this morning.
I'm working on an autonotification and can see I really need that in pace for times like this.
Sorry for the long outage gang.