Forum Problems ?

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
No big deal but it seems the last couple of weeks , I have a hard time getting the forum to come up between around 4 am to 6 or 7 am . When it does come up & I try to make a post It ussually gets lost & never shows up .

This morning when I posted my only reply , it sayed this forum requires you wait 60 seconds between replys please wait another 16 seconds . I did then I it again & it said I,m trying to double post as the first one had allready posted :hide: . Any ideas , or is it just me ? thanks :tiphat: Bob

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Man, I'm surprised that you can get anything to come up at 4 o'clock in the morning. I'm just going from personal experience and my excuse is that I'm old and tired. :yum::yum:

I know, I know but I just couldn't help myself. :sorry:

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Man, I'm surprised that you can get anything to come up at 4 o'clock in the morning. I'm just going from personal experience and my excuse is that I'm old and tired. :yum::yum:

I know, I know but I just couldn't help myself. :sorry:

Thanks a lot Frank , Now I gota wipe the coffee of my puter screen . :tiphat: :yum: :yum: . Good one . Bob

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I wrote a Yanmar post just now with no problems. But I have seen what you are talking about, from time to time.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I do kick the server at 4:10 every morning (reboot) but the server is usually back up and running in 5 minutes. There is no reason for issues between 5 , 6 and 7.
However, the good news is that we are switching servers very soon. I know, I know, I've spoke of this before and it has been in the works for the past 6 months. Now we have one last hurdle to get over and then I cna move to a new server and away from this horrible Chicago ISP. Then things should work all the time, 24 x 7 like Forums Forums and Net Cooking Talk do. Not perfect but much better than the way this Chicago server has run.
We are weeks away instead of months now. So keep your fingers crossed ....and I'll keep you posted as it all comes together.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Gotcha Doc , I wasn,t bitching , just curious if it was just my puter . The reboot xplains why I have the first problem as thats about the time I try to bring the forum up . The other times might be because I have 2 many other windows open at the same time & its slowing everything down . Good luck on the new server & thanks again . Bob

Edit . I just got the error message saying I hadto wait 30 seconds before posting this . I opened the forum in a new window & hit refresh & My post did show up . So not sure what causes that , No biggy though now that I know what to do.

Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think it was trying to do a double post for ya. I've had that issue also cowboy.

The server was extremely busy this morning with I/O wait which is not a good thing and not something I can tune from my end. Soon we'll be in a bigger pasture with lots more resources so all things should run mucho smoother. :thumb:
I'm shooting for the end of this month to have everything in Chicago moved to my new server.