Cannot see photos

K

Kanook

DOC....The pictures are still not visable when using Internet Explorer 8 as browser. Works ok with in my case Google Chrome as a browser.. There's something IE8 doesn,t like.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I hate to say it at this point, but if the mess up occurred after a tweak to the software settings, it might be time to restore from a previous backup. We'll lose some posts, but better now instead of a week from now.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Step one fixed an anomoly in the admin CP so that I can now edit attachment extension types as expected. That is step one.
We did not expect it to fix the pics not showing up for some users.
Now we move to step two and try some things for the pics.

Jerry,
That is really not an option. The database is a separate entity. It holds all the member info and the posts, etc. The PHP that runs the forum is in the VB software. We have now upgraded to the very latest VB 3.8 offering. Now we'll look for other things that might be affecting some users not seeing the pics. Restoring the database from a few days ago would not help a thing.
Good thought though.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
VBsupport made a change to mime-types associated with jpg images. We should be fixed now.
Can everyone see the pics?

K

Kanook

VBsupport made a change to mime-types associated with jpg images. We should be fixed now.
Can everyone see the pics?

Now you're cookin' with gas. IE8 from my computer see's the pics...good work:tiphat:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Let me try uploading a bmp again and see.

Attachments

• 4.bmp
    42.2 KB · Views: 46

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good to know. I have reported that issues to VBsupport.
The bmp issue is a much smaller significance than the jpg. The jpg one I caused by deleting the jpg image and recreating it. The mime-type did not associate with the newly created jpg and thus the issue..

I did not do anything with the bmp file type. I wonder if you ever could see the bmp images with IE8?

NOTE: some users cannot log in. Clear all cookies and you should be able to log in as normal. If you make NTT a trusted cookie provider you might have to purge cookies to clear all of them.
Use the contact us form if you are having problems and I will help as I can. Give details of what you have tried so i can be of more assistance.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Now I can see the pics I just cant post any , Says ( You may not post attachments ) . Any Ideas . Thanks .

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry about that Cowboy. Try now. I bet you can post a pic. :thumb: