FF having problems today 4-11-2010 - RESOLVED!

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
We're getting database error messages.

I've sent Doc a text message.

Jim

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
FYI . I had problems getting on most of the day yesterday at FF & have been trying to make a post the last 30 minutes without being able to do so . So it aint fixed yet . :tiphat:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Repairing tables from yesterday's problems. All is not fixed but I thought folks could still post. Sorry for the issues. :hide:

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
NP Doc I was just letting You know . Its really weird this morning . I can open some threads & others I cant . But I,m still no able to post one I,ve been trying to for over an hour now . Good luck . :respect:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What's the current status Doc?

It took better than a minute but I was able to view 1 thread this morning.

I'm getting errors on all other attempts.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Table rebuilds are not going good.
I'm stopping the service and killing all folks logged in.
It's not pretty at this point.
Wish me luck.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We had the highest load average I've ever seen. 161 processes per millisecond waiting to be serviced by the processors. :eek:
Finally got them all killed and shut down the http service (web services). Now running table scan again with forums turned off. Hoping for success with that. If so we'll be back up shortly.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
FF is back and running smoothly (keeping my fingers crossed LOL)

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Yep Alls well now Doc Thanks . FYI the posts I said I couldn,t post posted afterall 5 times :pat: . I Reported it & one of the Mods deleted them for Me . :tiphat:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No problem. I got em for you Cowboy. We've all double posted but this was even worse. Load average being so extremely high means that it took your command to post, but it can't get to it for awhile. By the time it does you see 1, 2, 3 or even 4 posts pop up. All with a minute or two in between where they were waiting in the que to be posted. Hopefully we are done with all that mess for now.
Smooth sailing for the rest of this Monday at least. :D