FF and NCT 8/15/09

Erik

good to know it's not just me - or my ISP -- I was beginning to get irritated by ff timing out, but everything else working fine.
maybe that's my sign to get off my butt and go mow the lawn or pull the battery out of the tractor. (dead cell - dealership is trying to figure out how to do a warranty replacement without me having to drive 350 miles round trip to pick up the new one)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No Erik, it's a sign that NTT and NMT need more posts. Once the posting quota is met here both FF and NCT will be back in action. :D

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
maybe that's my sign to get off my butt and go mow the lawn or...
Aint that the truth. I'm hiding out while dear wife prepares the place for all her relatives to arrive for their annual harvest visit.

It will be an overnight visit.

With no place to hide once they arrive. :eek:

BoneheadNW

Aint that the truth. I'm hiding out while dear wife prepares the place for all her relatives to arrive for their annual harvest visit.

It will be an overnight visit.

With no place to hide once they arrive. :eek:
Boy can I relate. When I'm in that situation, I do one of two things: 1) Lock myself in my office; 2) Call in to work and have them call me to come in and work for a stretch of 4 hours on a trade. If that doesn't work, I drink.
Bonehead

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I found a place to hide in plain sight! The 30 new trees in the orchard were overdue for watering (really) so this visit seemed like a good time to take care of the watering.

I've been building the ultimate watering system - a 200 gallon tank (all my trailer will carry over rough ground) with a 12 volt pump that takes a couple of minutes to replenish a 25 gallon tank on top. The top tank contains a fast 12 volt bilge pump, so I can dump 15-20 gallons into the tree basin in less than a minute.

As soon as I fired up the tractor nobody got near. It makes quite a racket. They went and picked blackberries while I watered. Everybody was happy!

P1530697r-2PumpWateringRig.jpg