Cannot see photos

K

Kanook

New member here. In the RTV user forum. I am no longer able to see photos that are part of a post. It was working ok and I could see the attached photos but now all I see is a box with a red X in it, I have cleared my cache and re-booted but still get the same problem. :hide:

B

bczoom

No need to hide under the chair. We'll get you fixed up. There are smarter men than I at this site.
It may be that the lines heading North have frozen and can't get it through. Is Onfoot having the same problem?
Can you see this pic of Rusty's girl (Tommy's sister)?
attachment.php

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I wish I could unsee what I just saw! :eek:

This is baffling. You are the second new member to report a red x. I have never seen it here. What are some of the posts where you found the x?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had to create a new type of attachment type to change the default size. I have made a minor change to that setup. Let me know if you can see pics now. I have hopes this setting fixed the issue.

jwstewar

Staff member
Doc, I can see the scary picture listed early in this thread, but I can't see the picture that you posted on the thread that Peanut started.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
I dont know what happened Fellers , but in the last few days I cant even see the Pics I,ve posted . I,m perty sure its nothing to do with my puter . :tiphat: Bob

jwstewar

Staff member
Just posting a JPG to see if we can see it.

Attachments

• DSC_2275.jpg
    DSC_2275.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 115

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I see two pics posted in this thread, can anyone else see them?
I'm digging into this but will need your input to let me if it's fixed or not.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, I can to. I just checked with Bozo (my test user account) and I can see pics in the RTV Owners forum and I can see pics in the NTT problems forum. :confused:

We need someone who can't see the pics to give us more details on their setup.

K

Kanook

I use Internet Explorer on pc with Vista o/s. I tried logging out of the forum and cranked up Google Chrome instead and logged in using Chrome as the browser. I can see the pics with Chrome. When I go back to xplorer the problem reappears..or should I say the pictures disappear.

Do you think it could be related to type of browser??

jwstewar

Staff member
I can see the first pic, but I can't see the pic I posted.

I'm on XP w/ IE8. This is on a VMWare machine, but haven't had any problems prior to this and I've been running this setup for about 2 years.

OK, just tried my host machine. XP 64-bit, IE 7 and I could see the pics. I'm going to try to deleting cache & cookies and try it again.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh no. This is getting weird. Thanks for the info Jim. That gives me a clue on what to look for. ...I have an idea.....