Another Kentuckian

Gphillips

Just found this board while doing a web search, looked like a really great place to talk tractors. We (my dad and I) have a commmerical beef cattle herd, and raise our own hay.

I'm really looking foward to the discussion that I'm sure I'll be able to find here.

Greg

Mith

Welcome Greg, and thanks for jumping right in!

Do you farm the hay yourself or contract out some of the work?
We do like pictures here, so if you are able please share a few pics of your tractors etc with us.

Thanks for joining :D

HOWDY!:wave:

Gettin' to be a bunch of us Kentucky hillbillies on here:mrgreen: "bout enough of us to keep all them Yankee's in check:thumb:

So where abouts in the Commonwealth of Kentucky do you reside?

I'm in the north-central part, just north of Bardstown, right outside the "city limits" of the thriving metropolis of Mt Washington.

A good mix of folks here on NTT. And there's Dougster too!:whistle: :yum:

Welcome and enjoy!

Bill

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Greg. I'm glad you found our little playground.
I'm sure you'll find plenty of folks to discuss all aspects of tractoring. :D
I look forward to hearing more about your commercial beef business. Sounds interesting.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Greg. I'm glad you found our little playground.
I'm sure you'll find plenty of folks to discuss all aspects of tractoring. :D
I look forward to hearing more about your commercial beef business. Sounds interesting.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

Gphillips

Farmwithjunk, I'm not really a hillbilly, I live in extreme Western Kentucky, close to a small town called Mayfield. We really don't have any major hills here.

MIth, we raise hay along with my cousin and between him, my dad, and me we do all the hay work ourselves. This year between his hay and ours we cut and baled about 200 acers. I think my mom took some pictures of us baling some this year, I'll see if I can find them and post some of the better ones. It may take me a while, we are stripping tobacco right now so I'm kind of busy.

Farmwithjunk, I'm not really a hillbilly, I live in extreme Western Kentucky, close to a small town called Mayfield. We really don't have any major hills here.

MIth, we raise hay along with my cousin and between him, my dad, and me we do all the hay work ourselves. This year between his hay and ours we cut and baled about 200 acers. I think my mom took some pictures of us baling some this year, I'll see if I can find them and post some of the better ones. It may take me a while, we are stripping tobacco right now so I'm kind of busy.

I know where Mayfield is at. I've got some distant family in Hickman . That is almost off the edge of the map;)

Dougster

Old Member
Welcome aboard Greg! :) And don't believe a word of what old FarmWithJunk says about me and us Yankees living up here in New England! It's just that Junk likes his antique tractors (probably because he's so old) and we like our modern "state of the art" machinery! :D

It makes for some interesting conversations! :hide:

Dougster

Mark777

WELCOME Greg!

Sorry I'm late getting to your intro...

Sounds like you have a beautiful place up there. Look forward to the pictures after you finish strippin' tobacco.

Mark

Welcome aboard Greg! :) And don't believe a word of what old FarmWithJunk says about me and us Yankees living up here in New England! It's just that Junk likes his antique tractors (probably because he's so old) and we like our modern "state of the art" machinery! :D

It makes for some interesting conversations! :hide:

Dougster

I like my CLASSICtractors more, 'cause nobody'd managed to make 'em any BETTER, just more EXPENSIVE.:thumb: :poke:

olcowhand

I like my CLASSICtractors more, 'cause nobody'd managed to make 'em any BETTER, just more EXPENSIVE.:thumb: :poke:

And when our "old classics" do act up (very seldom), we can fix them with simple tools, no computer technician required! :lam:
And we can weld on most every part.."no glue required"!
:poke: Just ribbin mind ya! :mrgreen:

olcowhand

Old classics remind me of "Suave" shampoo...."ours can do what yours does....for less". Now where'd that Jethro Tull album go! :mrgreen:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm playing it right now in honor of you and Junk! :thumb:

Good thing you can't post MP3's on this forum!!! ;)

Dougster

hmmmmmm, maybe I'll fix that. Would you have a good mp3 for us if I allow them?

Dougster

Old Member
hmmmmmm, maybe I'll fix that. Would you have a good mp3 for us if I allow them?
Well, I could cut an MP3 of old Jethro singing "Living in the Past" for Junk and Ol' Cow Hand... but it would probably land both of us in jail for distributing copyrighted material! :badidea:

I think we better let them play their own copies!!! :mrgreen:

Dougster