New Member Pending

jbrumberg

Just want to let everyone know that we may have a new member arriving from a well known tractor website- TC29-dude. It is my impression that he got into a snit with an avian moderator and suggested that this moderator pound sand. Not a good way to impress moderators. I would love to PM him as to where a lot of members of that website also reside without difficulties, but them I would get banned as well based on the current environment there. Jay

Just want to let everyone know that we may have a new member arriving from a well known tractor website- TC29-dude. It is my impression that he got into a snit with an avian moderator and suggested that this moderator pound sand. Not a good way to impress moderators. I would love to PM him as to where a lot of members of that website also reside without difficulties, but them I would get banned as well based on the current environment there. Jay

How many free guess's do we each get about which site you're referring to?:waiting:

I'm kinda on thin ice over there too.:mrgreen:

And don't you know how bad that bothers me:moon3:

jbrumberg

Farmwithjunk:

I must be pretty out of the loop over there so to speak :huh: . I did not know you were in trouble there too :sad: . I have never read anything from you that offended me over there, but I am pretty understanding. By training I am usually too "PC" ( i.e. suckass :rolleyes: ) to offend anyone I interact with except my superiors at times (what I think may be in contradiction to what I may say or do on occassion). I went back over there and found that TC's and my posts were gone :eek: . Now I guess that I am also in the gunsights so to speak :hide: . I hope TC will wander this way. Jay

Dougster

Old Member
How many free guess's do we each get about which site you're referring to?:waiting: I'm kinda on thin ice over there too. :mrgreen: And don't you know how bad that bothers me:moon3:
I went back over there and found that TC's and my posts were gone :eek: . Now I guess that I am also in the gunsights so to speak :hide: . I hope TC will wander this way. Jay
Obviously, you two guys are just a couple of old trouble makers! :yum:

Dougster

jbrumberg

I just tried to PM TC29-dude and my PM was thrown back as TC "did not want .... nor was allowed to receive" PM's. I guess he really ticked off at least one moderator :badidea: . I have not received any PM's from them in a long time, maybe one is pending :bangin: . I guess my activity over there will be more scrutinized now. Oh Well. Jay

PS: Maybe I should not have used the words censorship and big brothering in my PM. ;)

Farmwithjunk:

I must be pretty out of the loop over there so to speak :huh: . I did not know you were in trouble there too :sad: . I have never read anything from you that offended me over there, but I am pretty understanding. By training I am usually too "PC" ( i.e. suckass :rolleyes: ) to offend anyone I interact with except my superiors at times (what I think may be in contradiction to what I may say or do on occassion). I went back over there and found that TC's and my posts were gone :eek: . Now I guess that I am also in the gunsights so to speak :hide: . I hope TC will wander this way. Jay

I've managed to "grieviously offend" 3 or 4 people, and a couple moderators. Oddly enough, I have one moderator who happens to agree with me in most of the head-butting I've been involved in. He typically doesn't agree with ANYONE.

I figure that I'm too old and too set in my ways to change at this late date. That said, my biggest "issues" have been with a few "young know-it-alls".

jbrumberg

That site has really changed in the last few months :sad: :mad2: . I do not post over there like I used to post. Many of the more entertaining, interesting, and/or informative contributors are here now :mrgreen: . Jay

PS: I am still waiting for Roy Jackson and his hat over here.

Dougster

Old Member
PS: I am still waiting for Roy Jackson and his hat over here.
OhMyGawd!!! :eek: Just when the bad memories have started to fade and ya start to think it is safe... suddenly certain names from the old crowd appear and give you a funny feeling deep down inside that you cannot run and you cannot hide forever!!! :eek:

Sooner or later they will ALL find us. :hide: Ultimately... we are doomed. :umbrella:

Dougster

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:yum: :yum: Funny Dougster!!!!

Nothing wrong with PM'ing anyone and asking them to exchange email addresses to exchange info or pics or whatever.

Dougster

Old Member
:yum: :yum: Funny Dougster!!!! Nothing wrong with PM'ing anyone and asking them to exchange email addresses to exchange info or pics or whatever.
Not to disparage anyone in particular (and I have absolutely nothing personal against ol' RJ) but it's like this: Ya move into a big, cold, impersonal, hustle-bustle city with a lot of strange people and strange rules... but it's kinda nice at first because ya get all kinds of good newbie information and ya don't feel so all alone in your quest for answers and ya always know you'll get six dozen answers to every little nuthin' nut & bolt question, etc., etc., etc... but then over time it starts to become a bit too much. Folks start jumpin' ugly at ya over nuthin' just because they can... just because they're bored or because someone else diss'd them or because their brand new tractor had some nuthin' problem this morning or because your question had been asked 27 times before or because they think they're just a lot smarter than you or for a hundred other reasons. So you move out of the big, overgrown, impersonal city and you move out to a nice, little, small town (recommended by your good friend Larry) where folks are friendly and experienced and mature and where everybody knows everybody else's name (kinda like that old Cheers theme). That's awfully nice after you've been stuck in that big, impersonal city... and you get used to it quickly and easily because it feels so comfortable and so much better than that nasty old city place. And surprise of surprises: You even get your own personal weatherman! ;)

But then your weatherman buddy happens to mention an old name from the past... a veritable symbol of the past... that suddenly floods your brain with nasty memories and bad feelings about that strange old overgrown city place... and then you think how the good thing you've found can't possibly last forever 'cause sooner or later ALL of them dang city folks over there are gonna find your really neat little small town hideaway... and it too will start to become a city of its own. Such is life... so it goes.

Time for the old Dougster to go find himself a good, stiff drink. :eek:

jbrumberg

Dougster:

Earlier today I actually ate one tablespoon of real peanut butter and it was really, really good :thumb: ! Now I just had me a medicinal guaro (high test Costa Rican rum), lemon, and boiling water grog and I am starting to feel myself improving again :mrgreen: . I do like your analogy, and I agree. I have to admit that I did find RJ to be very opinionated, but pretty funny sometimes. He probably would not like this site. Life goes on and so do all of us :eek: . Here's to you :beer: . Jay :letitsnow:

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster:

Earlier today I actually ate one tablespoon of real peanut butter and it was really, really good :thumb: ! Now I just had me a medicinal guaro (high test Costa Rican rum), lemon, and boiling water grog and I am starting to feel myself improving again :mrgreen: . I do like your analogy, and I agree. I have to admit that I did find RJ to be very opinionated, but pretty funny sometimes. He probably would not like this site. Life goes on and so do all of us :eek: . Here's to you :beer: . Jay :letitsnow:
Trust me... RJ was never a problem for me. :notthatway: Mild amusement maybe... but never a problem! ;)

Dougster

Dougster:

That's cause there is no one here that would rather sleep with their tractor than their wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mrgreen:

Dougster

Old Member
Too funny,:yum: :yum: keep that up and you just might get censored.:mrgreen:
Oh, it's not what you're thinking Ed. It's all perfectly innocent. They had to be stored somewhere in my tiny little house... so why not in the bedroom??? :thumb: All the other rooms were already full. :eek:

Remember: Small House + No wife = Tractor Parts everywhere!!! :thumb:

Dougster

GreenMtns

But then your weatherman buddy happens to mention an old name from the past... a veritable symbol of the past... that suddenly floods your brain with nasty memories and bad feelings about that strange old overgrown city place... and then you think how the good thing you've found can't possibly last forever 'cause sooner or later ALL of them dang city folks over there are gonna find your really neat little small town hideaway... and it too will start to become a city of its own. Such is life... so it goes.

Time for the old Dougster to go find himself a good, stiff drink. :eek:
Boy I'm glad the old Dougster did not say Starbucks.
I just heard on the news that Starbucks CEO was fired :pat: and the founder is going to take over. They are going to CLOSE some stores that don't perform (those would be the stores that are not selling to Dougster) :mad2: and slow the growth.

Man Dougster, you do have a way with words. :yum::yum::yum::yum:

Boy I'm glad the old Dougster did not say Starbucks.
I just heard on the news that Starbucks CEO was fired :pat: and the founder is going to take over. They are going to CLOSE some stores that don't perform (those would be the stores that are not selling to Dougster) :mad2: and slow the growth.

Al you are too funny.:yum::yum::yum::yum:--Ed

GreenMtns

Al you are too funny.--Ed

Hi Ed :wave:

Just went to your Tractor Picture site. Very nice. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

How do you keep your tractor so clean? :thumb: :thumb:

Even the tires are polished. :cool:

Do you take the keg of beer to the fields with you. :beer:

How do you keep the beer cold? :yum::yum::yum:

Dougster...does this meet the Bill6 level ?:poke:

Dougster

Old Member
Boy I'm glad the old Dougster did not say Starbucks. I just heard on the news that Starbucks CEO was fired :pat: and the founder is going to take over. They are going to CLOSE some stores that don't perform (those would be the stores that are not selling to Dougster) :mad2: and slow the growth.

I did read that today and paused to wonder how it might affect me. On the one hand, the Starbucks nearest to me is far from the best and doesn't seem to do much business. The employees seem almost disinterested and are extremely slow. It clearly could be a candidate for closing. There is a better one a ways down the road toward the GF's place in an expensive Yuppie town, but I don't think they'd close that one. The Yuppies can afford it! :)
But on the other hand, I haven't had Starbucks
starbucks.gif
Coffee
since I was laid off in 2006 except for one time when my GF used a gift card she had received. GOD it was good... but you can see that whatever happens, the old Dougster is not likely to be greatly affected one way or another since I can't afford to drink the stuff now anyway. :eek:

Dougster