Think we A'skert 'em off????

jbrumberg

Some individuals do bring on their own "misery" :poke: . What's the old quip- "Even a paranoid :eek: can have enemies" :wink:. If I understand your internet challenge correctly it's because of your nonexistent baude rate up there in ME :waiting: . I can relate to that; used to have the same glacial speed of internet data transfer; nowadays I am up to a blazing dialup rate of 45.2Kbps :rolleyes: ! (The gov "promises" broadband for MA hilltowns- I am not holding my breath for broadband.). I do believe you got some snow out this Friday's slop event. I got 1.5" of snow/sleet with a coating of freezing rain on top. Jay :letitsnow:

Bindian

No email here. That Kansas Loader Kid also said he sent me an e-mail that I never got. Otherwise, all seems well on this end. :) But as stated above, I totally assure y'all that I had nothing whatsoever to do with any Friday late afternoon crash of NTT. Heck, I wasn't even near a computer. :(

And indeed... for better or worse... It certainly DID!!! :thumb:

Dougster :starbucks:
Dougster:starbucks:,
Since you got me here........I would have to agree that it got better.:soapbox::yum::yum::yum:
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Please let us try not to beat up on poor 'Ol Dougster too much this weekend :yum: . I do not think he will be around very much to "defend" himself due to his weekend commitments :wink: . Jay
It's true! :thumb: The old Dougster will be heading North soon to the glorious land of "Live Free or Die" possibly to find the new location for Dougster Swamp as well as the new headquarters location of Dougster & Dougster Worldwide Construction Services!!!
BTW: A "phantom" beat everyone except Brandi :pat: in the introduction post numbers. What does that say about the rest of the membership?:noevil:
It means we should generally let folks introduce themselves... or at least wait until they actually sign-up! :yum:
Too bad Jay. He mashes on me on the weekends, when he knows that it has taken me almost an hour to read this thread Then another hour to actually post a reply. No no it is not because I read and type slow, as the Dougster would have you all believe.
This is not true at all! :notthatway: You read and type faster than a runaway train!!! It's that antique 1200 baud modem at the end of that shaky telephone wire up in Backwoods, Maine that is slowing you down! ;) Everyone here knows that!!! :D
Heck as far as scaying people off I don't believe we intend to or actually have done that. I think this is us being us, Oh yea and Junk being Junk. GO Yanks
Correct! :thumb: I'll bet that crotchety old Junk scares off more people than all of the New Englanders combined! :yankchain:

Dougster

Old Member
Some individuals do bring on their own "misery" :poke: . What's the old quip- "Even a paranoid :eek: can have enemies" :wink:. If I understand your internet challenge correctly it's because of your nonexistent baude rate up there in ME :waiting: . I can relate to that; used to have the same glacial speed of internet data transfer; nowadays I am up to a blazing dialup rate of 45.2Kbps :rolleyes: ! (The gov "promises" broadband for MA hilltowns- I am not holding my breath for broadband.). I do believe you got some snow out this Friday's slop event. I got 1.5" of snow/sleet with a coating of freezing rain on top. Jay :letitsnow:
Correct Jay! :thumb: Let's not let that silly old Edster try to fool us or blame someone else (namely, me!!!)! It takes him hours to read and post because he lives way too far from civilization... plain and simple! :)

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster:starbucks:, Since you got me here........I would have to agree that it got better.:soapbox::yum::yum::yum:
hugs, Brandi
Oh Brother!!! :rolleyes: While I'm sure that most would agree... Be careful! You really could hurt that arm of yours trying to pat yourself on the back! :yum: :yum: :yum: :yankchain:

Bindian

Oh Brother!!! :rolleyes: While I'm sure that most would agree... Be careful! You really could hurt that arm of yours trying to pat yourself on the back! :yum: :yum: :yum: :yankchain:

Dougster,
Can't worry about that now.:pat: The temperature has risen 20 degrees in the last hour and one half.:eek: Gotta go wake up Booger:shitHitsFan: and go work on the barn. You and your GF have fun today and be careful. My advice is to find :starbucks: signs and look near there for your new Swamp.:wink:
hugs, Brandi

It's true! :thumb: The old Dougster will be heading North soon to the glorious land of "Live Free or Die" possibly to find the new location for Dougster Swamp as well as the new headquarters location of Dougster & Dougster Worldwide Construction Services!!!

It means we should generally let folks introduce themselves... or at least wait until they actually sign-up! :yum:

This is not true at all! :notthatway: You read and type faster than a runaway train!!! It's that antique 1200 baud modem at the end of that shaky telephone wire up in Backwoods, Maine that is slowing you down! ;) Everyone here knows that!!! :D

Correct! :thumb: I'll bet that crotchety old Junk scares off more people than all of the New Englanders combined! :yankchain:

GGGGrrrrrrowl:furious: :eek:

Yep! Good chance I do run off a few. But if they took the time to get to know me, I'm as gentle as a kitten, sweeter'n a 50lb sack of sugar, and a dang fine specimen of a TRUE Southern Man if I do say so myself:cool: :tiphat:

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster,
Can't worry about that now.:pat: The temperature has risen 20 degrees in the last hour and one half.:eek: Gotta go wake up Booger:shitHitsFan: and go work on the barn. You and your GF have fun today and be careful. My advice is to find :starbucks: signs and look near there for your new Swamp.:wink:
hugs, Brandi
It is not easy to find a swamp on a New Hampshire hill... but if anyone can do it, I can! :)

I know because I've obviously done it before!!! :D

Dougster

Old Member
GGGGrrrrrrowl:furious: :eek:

Yep! Good chance I do run off a few. But if they took the time to get to know me, I'm as gentle as a kitten, sweeter'n a 50lb sack of sugar, and a dang fine specimen of a TRUE Southern Man if I do say so myself:cool: :tiphat:
Oh Junk, we all know you're just a pussycat under all the gruffness... but it sure is fun to kid you about it! :)

jbrumberg

I describe the wet area on my hill property as the "vernal pond". It finally does go away after "Mud Season" which seems to last 6 months here :waiting: . I used to get my old tractor stuck there with some degree of regularity :pat: . I did some dirtwork there last Fall. I am curious as to how things will go this Mud Season. Jay:letitsnow:

Dougster

Old Member
I describe the wet area on my hill property as the "vernal pond". It finally does go away after "Mud Season" which seems to last 6 months here :waiting: . I used to get my old tractor stuck there with some degree of regularity :pat: . I did some dirtwork there last Fall. I am curious as to how things will go this Mud Season. Jay:letitsnow:
You highly sophisticated, educated folk call it the vernal pool.

Us old low-class bums call it the gosh-dang swamp! :)

Difference strokes for different folks! :D :wave:

For your own sake, don't EVER refer to it as WETLANDS:notthatway: :nocomment: :topicclosed: :hide2:

My oldest daughter and her husband bought a place 3 years ago. It had about 1/2 an acre of "swamp". They wanted to drain it. They called the local sewer/surface water control district. They sent out a van load of engineers who declared it a "wetland area" and imposed all sorts of restrictions on the swamp and all the surrounding area. :shitHitsFan:

That's where the story ends. They're stuck with 4 acres that they can't do ANYTHING with, just pay taxes on it.

Dougster

Old Member
For your own sake, don't EVER refer to it as WETLANDS:notthatway: :nocomment: :topicclosed: :hide2:

My oldest daughter and her husband bought a place 3 years ago. It had about 1/2 an acre of "swamp". They wanted to drain it. They called the local sewer/surface water control district. They sent out a van load of engineers who declared it a "wetland area" and imposed all sorts of restrictions on the swamp and all the surrounding area. :shitHitsFan:

That's where the story ends. They're stuck with 4 acres that they can't do ANYTHING with, just pay taxes on it.
We were told on the phone that the property we visited today was "surrounded by conservation land." :D

Now we know what that means. :rolleyes:

It's a hill in the middle of a swamp. :(

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I doubt if you skeered them off, but it probably is a little disheartening to see your very first post/thread turned into an expansion of a few members personal little playground.
Doc will give you your own forum for as little as $4.95 a month.

Bindian

Dougster,
Down here it would be called a crawfish farm.:wink:
hugs, Brandi

Bindian

FMJ,
.........and never say you have woodpeckers on your property loud enough for anyone to hear it. You would never get to cut down or dig up a tree ever again.
hugs, Brandi