What do you like most and least about your tractor

B

bczoom

Thanks for the idea and pictures but honestly I was talking about the toolbox ..........:mrgreen:

DOH, my bad.
Your's doesn't have one behind the seat?
Want a big one that mounts on a pallet lifter off the 3PH? It's probably 3'Wx3'Lx3'H with different compartments. It's setup for cutting wood but can be used for other things.

M

mtntopper

Good Features
1. My favorite feature on my Kubota L39TLB is the quick change skid steer type tool holder for the front loader that allows quick change of front loader tools such as my Anbo grapple and McMillen post hole auger.

2. I also like the GST transmission for my higher elevation and limited horsepower as it is easy to use and provides many gear ratios to match my work load to horsepower available.

Bad Features
1A. The least favorite feature is the seat safety switch that I am going to bypass as it shuts the tractor down every time I raise my butt off the seat to look closer at the work in the front that I am doing. :mad2:

2A. The number and location of some of the grease fittings that need to be greased. You would think for the price that Kubota could offer a central grease container system to service all of the areas needing grease. I am glad I have the Lincoln battery operated grease gun to use on the tractor which saves a lot of time and work to service in the field.

B

bczoom

Sounds good. You have my e-mail. Just let me know when you're coming over.

urednecku

Best? A bunch of stuff...it's new; fel; root rake w/grapple; shuttle shift; 4wd w/limited slip front diff w/diff lock on rear; roof; tool box; cup holder (aka junk cup)
Worst? ....HI/LOW range lever location, & hard to work, fuel filler neck (but I will work with them!)

Mith

Worst? ....fuel filler neck (but I will work with them!)

Actaully, thinking about it, I cant think of a tractor that had a fuel filler that I actually liked!
Either too high, inaccessible, something that gets damaged by spills nearby, or you have to lean across the tractor to get to it.
I guess they are alright to fill with a pump, but I tend to fill up with cans, so its a pain to get to the filler.

jbrumberg

I agree about the fuel filler neck. I generally like most of my tractor's design. I rarely wish I had more power. The other design issue that bothers me is the placement of the turning brakes. They are not really functional where they are on my tractor. Jay

Lets see. Mine is a Yanmar 155D, 15hp diesel, 4WD, with an FEL.

I like the size and the power it has for such a small size. I can get into my barn with it and clean out stalls without being on the working end of a shovel.
It does just about everything I ask it to.

Cons:
Its hard to locate implements the right size for this in this area.
And a biggie: NO CUP HOLDER :pat:

shinnlinger

I run gimbled cup holders from a marine supply store on my rigs. Mine came with the ability to mount just about anywhere. I hung one from the hydrolic lines on the kubota using a mount designed for tubing and I screwed another mount option up in the excavator. Don't want to get dehydrated!

I also screwed a metal toolbox to the fender on my kubota...it couldn't have fit better if I wanted it to.

quincy

My kubota has a little cubby under the fuel tank that had a few old rusty tools in it when I discovered it. Maybe 12 inches deep and 4in square at the door and a bit bigger inside.... I figure it will hold a good few tools in there. I have a craftsman tool roll that fits perfect.

Did kubota do away whit this option in later models?

Toolcubby.jpg

Dougster

Old Member
What's your favourite feature of your tractor, and just as importantly, your least favourite?
I'll agree with those that say: 4WD!!! I can't even imagine owning a tractor without it, especially since I must trailer it everywhere I work and cannot afford to add any extra weights or fill the wheels. I also love the full platform and very comfortable seat. Two rear remote sets are also a real big plus. It goes without saying that the Bradco 509 BH and Mahindra/KMW ML112 FEL are what makes this tractor so versatile and useful. :)

Least favorite features? The range gear shifter bears up against my left leg in low range and the seat belt retractor interferes with operation of the rear remote set control levers. I'd also love for the 509 and ML112 to be a wee bit more powerful. Not faster... just more powerful... mainly for the stump and rock removal work I do. :cool:

Dougster

larryRB

The 48 could go faster in medium range when hog mowing, I understand that now with the HST plus, this is no longer a problem., and of course a "factory" designed cab. Easier access to add fuel would also help.

Just about everything about my tractor I like. The fact that it is brand new I beieve is top of the list. I got rid of a 1963 JD1010Ru when I got the new tractor. Just being able to work it all day long without something breaking is just GREAT.

The only thing I don't like is the location of the fuel and oil filters. If I didn't have a FEL they would be ok. But the FEL frame runs about 3/4" off both of the filters covering almost the whole filter. This makes changing them, let's say challanging at best.

I pretty much like everything about my Mahindra except that every once in a while it is a little on the big side. But then again there are times when it just isn't big enough either. The one thing that bothers me the most is that the draw bar and bracket are not high enough. That may be because of the R4's, but it is to low for me. Luckily for me with a few hours work I will be able to raise it a couple of inches. Now all I need is that few hours to do just that. Oh well, someday.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Likes: Nearly everything. This thing is incredibly well designed. It runs the loader, box blade, rotary mower, tiller, backhoe, carryall, like they were made for each other. It's easy to operate. It simply runs like new. I haven't broken anything in the four years I've owned it despite it was built nearly 30 years ago.

It is 2wd and, surprisingly, I find it so well balanced that I don't think 4wd would add much. (I've owned seven 4x4 vehicles and actually used the 4x4, so I think I understand the difference).

The one feature I wish I had is the shuttle shift on the next larger model, Yanmar 2210. Everything here is on a slope so it would be nice to shift under load.

oldron

Its paid for ,never needs a battery,starts every time.

Attachments

• tractor 004.jpg
    tractor 004.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 193