What are you doing with your Tractor this weekend

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Weather in my neck of the woods is looking good this weekend. We've had so much rain it is great to have sunshine for a change. But, it's supposed to be 90 + degrees for the next few days. Heat or not I'm going to try to get some brush hogging done. At least in the areas that have drained enough.
How about you, what are you up to this weekend?

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Probably going to wash it before starting to do anything. :pat:

As dcox can testify, the birds roosting in the rafters above it have done a fine job of decorating! :shitHitsFan:

Then there's a matter of spreading 10 yards of sand so we can finish the training ring.

Jim

jbrumberg

Probably not much :unhappy: due to a small cookout for some friends on Saturday (I smoke a mean rib:chef:.) and family committments on Sunday :pat:. Next week I plan to be moving rocks for the raised stone flower bed, grading and raking rock removal areas, and I need to start rotary cutting some areas on my property. Jay

Mith

Lots of mowing lined up.
I got a new bucket for the backhoe that is just dying to be tried out! I dug up a bit of my workshop floor so see if it would handle it, now I can create even more mess in a smaller time period! The bucket has the wrong size pin holes, so I'll have to make a couple of bushings so that it fits my pins, I foolishly made by backhoe with 20mm pins, and the standard for this size machine is 25mm so I cant borrow buckets unless I bush them. On the plus side though, other people cant borrow my buckets :D

Attachments

• Image006.jpg
    Image006.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 482
  • Image005.jpg
    Image005.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 533

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Going to mow the "hay field" (yard) here if I can get to it before it gets too warm. Problem on days like today, there is just enough dew on the grass to stop me until the afternoon. Then the heat sets in.
I also took down our pool late last year and have to finish getting the sand moved enough to get the plastic up that the previous owner put down first. It looked like I needed to lightly scrape off 2" or so of sand. That ended up being about 6-8" of sand to move. I wanted to just till the sand in, but 6" is a whole lot of sand.

Then I have so many other Honey-Do's that'll keep me off the tractor.

DK35vince

I need to finish mowing the lawn. I like a big yard. We mow around 7 acres for lawn, but the price of fuel is getting so high I hope I'm not forced to downsize the lawn.
I also need to pull my single axle trailer with a 330 gallon water tank to water the new trees, shrubberies we planted this year and the garden.

Archdean

Just the usual!!

Take the backhoe off and hook up the bushhog and cut this mess!

NewCanonElph1000038Small2.jpg

Archdean

I made hay out of it last year Paul, Nica walk em down here and in 3 weeks they can have at it and I'll save the diesel!!

Just the usual for me on a saturday!!
Attached Thumbnails

billbill1

Did my weekly mowing, with the rain, it's hard to keep on top of it. Very windy today but at 90 plus degrees, it kept you fairly cool.

N

Nicahawk

Talked to the mules about the walk down there....said it's getting too hot for that long of a hike.

That's a lot of mowing, noticed the for sale sign in one of the pictures, how many acres are there?

Archdean

Nica, there are 5 acres in that little patch and was sold to a fellow in MI (for sale sign now gone) and he plans to build a home on it in 5 years and has asked me to cut it every 3 weeks which I'm happy to do as that's where I fly my model airplanes!

quincy

I spent my Sunday making a barrel train for our local 'family fun day', thats coming up next weekend. Had a lot of fun making it. Will post some pics when I can. Saturday was spent scrounging for free stuff, poly drums, box iron, wheels etc...

Gonna pull the train with my 'lil bota...

jwstewar

Staff member
I spent Saturday mowing with the MMM since I had replaced the belt. Then Sunday we've lost 3 rabbits because of the heat. 2 on Friday and then one Sunday. I had buried the 2 Friday, but decided to move them Sunday when we lost the 3rd. I dug a hole about 18" deep with the loader and then put them in that. I then covered it and smoothed it back over with the loader. I also covered a trench that had an electric line in it going to the pond. I had dug it out by hand so that I could attach it to the pole barn since the power pole no longer has power going to it. Fishys were pretty happy to get their water circulation back.

quincy

I spent my Sunday making a barrel train for our local 'family fun day', thats coming up next weekend. Had a lot of fun making it. Will post some pics when I can. Saturday was spent scrounging for free stuff, poly drums, box iron, wheels etc...

Gonna pull the train with my 'lil bota...

I know it took me a year to do it :yum: , but heres a clip of the barrel train I built in a hurry last year. This video here was filmed today, at our family fun day.

First off, I gotta apologise for the wobbly video clip, my 10 year old son aint no spielberg when it comes to camera work...

Thats me on the bota btw...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dkenaBZV1A