Can-Am HD10

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Selling the Ranger and bought the 72-hp Rotax HD10 V-Twin Can-Am. Got a snow plow and enclosure for it as well but they were special order items and won't be here for a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• DSC05393.JPG
    DSC05393.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC05395.JPG
    DSC05395.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC05398.JPG
    DSC05398.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC05400.JPG
    DSC05400.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC05406.JPG
    DSC05406.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC05408.JPG
    DSC05408.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 31

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks sweet! How do you like it?

72HP!?!? What's the performance like?

One thing I didn't like about the Rangers is the noise as you increase speed. How loud or quiet is the CanAm.

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Well, it’s brand new so I’m liking it fine so far. :biggrin: Lots of bottom end torque and enough power to get into trouble quickly. As for noise, not much difference really. When moving along slow it’s fine and as you go faster you really don’t notice the increase in noise until you try to talk to someone. It’s at that time you realize it’s pretty damn loud.

It’s a lot larger than the Polaris, the seats are much more comfortable and there’s a bunch of storage areas. That’s really a benefit! Can’t say anything about MPG yet. It’s gas, they don’t have a diesel option. Sales person said they used to have a diesel but it didn’t sell so they discontinued it. Although not unique, the on demand lockers are nice.

So far, so good!

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
So I've had this thing for just shy of 4 months and the love affair is over. Poor investment on my part. To loud, gear box is quirky, engine probably works well on a bike but not so well on this. Can't engage all wheel drive on the fly, have to be completely stopped. Poor gas mileage. Has good top end speed but you'd have to have hearing protection if you use the speed. I bought the canvas enclosure and for the most part it's OK but the doors don't close very well.

For the money (18K) I think it's a poor investment and I'm expecting to become well known at the warranty department.

Oh, I guess I should mention, my dog likes it just fine. :)