I did it Pioneer 1000-5 in my driveway

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I bit the bullet and bought a 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe.
I could have bought a new 2017 for a few hundred less but those had a recall for a heat issue with the seats (to hot while driving on summer days) and for the clutch (it had slippage and heat issues. Both were upgraded with the same fix on the 2018, but I prefered the one fixed from the factory.
So I've already tried it on the hill my Kubota RTV would not climb and it climbed right up, no problem. I do believe this will be a nice addition to our UTV family.

This is the cleanest it will EVER be. :D

Attachments

• P1k5inMyDriveway1.jpg
    P1k5inMyDriveway1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 50
  • P1k5inMyDriveway2.jpg
    P1k5inMyDriveway2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 52

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So here are some pics of the RTV and Pioneer P1K5 together. They are buddies already. :D

Attachments

• P1k5AndRTV1.jpg
    P1k5AndRTV1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 53
  • P1k5AndRTV2.jpg
    P1k5AndRTV2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 52
  • P1k5AndRTV3.jpg
    P1k5AndRTV3.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 49
  • P1k5AndRTV4.jpg
    P1k5AndRTV4.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 49
  • P1k5AndRTV5.jpg
    P1k5AndRTV5.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 51
  • P1k5AndRTV6.jpg
    P1k5AndRTV6.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 50
  • P1k5AndRTV7.jpg
    P1k5AndRTV7.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 50

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
You’re acquiring a lot of rolling stock. If you’re running out of parking spaces you can put some of them at my place. :mrgreen:

DK35vince

Nice. Have fun with it.

I bought this in Dec of 2016.
A 2016 Polaris RZR 900s.
We ride it nearly every weekend. We really like it so far.

Attachments

• HPIM1603.jpg
    HPIM1603.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 48

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice RZR.
My stable is getting full ..well I should say is full to the max. I should be able to haul all the folks to our river dock in at most two trips. Most of the time one trip with the RTV and P1k5.

I found myself with two RTV's that I loved. The RTV 900 was so kewl. It had the aggressive tires, and it was camo. It would go all over the property better than the RTV 1140. But both were not the best for riding the hatfield and McCoy trails and all the other UTV / side by side trails that are opening in most states. So, I bit the bullet and sold the RTV900, it was a tough call as I loved that machine, but for versatility it was the right move for me. The Honda will do great on all those, plus it will get around my property better than the RTV 1140. The 1140 is great for hauling people and for heavy duty work, it is my workhorse. The Honda Pioneer 1000 and the RTV 1140 make a great tag team for our little family farm.

DKvince I've read the RZR's are much nimbler, and faster than the Honda's. You can go places I probably would not even try. If you are going trail riding and want company give me a shout. I have plans to go to the:

Hatfield and McCoy Trails in WV
http://trailsheaven.com/

Rush Off Road Trails in KY
http://www.rushoffroad.com/about/

Ride Royal Blue in TN
https://rideroyalblue.com/

I am not planning to put on a snorkel as I don't want to take this buggy swimming. I'll turn around before going in water above the floorboard. And I'm not looking for challenging rock climbs like some with these UTV's do. I'm just looking for interesting trails with great nature views to have a little fun on.

How bout you or any other members? Do you do any trail riding? If so and you want to hook up for trail riding on the trails I mentioned or others that you plan to ride, if you want company give me a shout. If timing works out we could ride em together.

DK35vince

I am not planning to put on a snorkel as I don't want to take this buggy swimming. I'll turn around before going in water above the floorboard. And I'm not looking for challenging rock climbs like some with these UTV's do. I'm just looking for interesting trails with great nature views to have a little fun on.

That is the type of riding we do. Trail riding and looking at scenery and wildlife.
I don't do mud bogging (I go around the huge mud pits) or seeing how deep it will go underwater.
My RZR does ride and handle nice, but the Pioneer 1000 would do nicely the trail riding we do.

DK35vince

Have you had a chance to ride the new Pioneer enough to see how you like it ?
Do you generally run automatic mode or do you prefer the paddle shift ?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have about 50 miles on it now. Love it. Perfect for exploring / riding trails.
I barely figured out the diff from H to L. L will only go up to 33mph but for riding trails when you won't be going over 30 L is the best option. I was using H and it was shifting excessively.

I tried manual but for most purposes I'm using automatic. With time that might change. Still looking forward to the Hatfield McCoy trails to give the Pioneer a real work out.