Fun on the Hatfield and McCoy Trail System

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We took advantage of the great weather and visited Man WV and Gilbert WV to ride the Hatfield and McCoy trails. What fun!!!! Hundreds of miles of trails, some easy some very challenging, but all of them loads of fun. The Honda Pioneer 1000 did fantastic. No problem with any of the trails, no matter how challenging. I'll share some pics knowing they do not do the experience justice.

Attachments

• HM1.jpg
    HM1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 23
  • HM7.jpg
    HM7.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 23
  • HM13.jpg
    HM13.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 23
  • HM2.jpg
    HM2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 22
  • HM8.jpg
    HM8.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 20
  • HM15.jpg
    HM15.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 19
  • HM3.jpg
    HM3.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 19
  • HM16.jpg
    HM16.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 19
  • HM4.jpg
    HM4.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 19
  • HM10.jpg
    HM10.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 19
  • HM11.jpg
    HM11.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 18
  • GailAnI.jpg
    GailAnI.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 20

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like fun.
Maybe some day.
I would like to ride there, but have never made it.
Well worth the trip. Each rider must have a permit. Out of staters pay $50 each, but it's good till end of year.
We hope to make a few more trips down that way. There are six or more trailheads, all trailheads do not connect but each has over 100 miles of trails. More than enough trails to keep ya busy having fun.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Is that $50 per machine or per rider ?
Per rider!!!
Most other trail systems I've read about only charge for the UTV or ATV. HM is different. But, for example, Ride Royal Blue in TN chargers $25 per day per machine, or $100 for a season pass. We were going for 4 days, so that will be $100. HM was $50 each, so $100 there also for the season. They might price it different but the dollars out of my pocket sure seem about the same. :yum:

DK35vince

I'm so lucky here the volume of riding I can do right from my house.
Miles of old railroad tracks, many dozens of different logging roads, coal mine roads, township roads, Etc.
I could probably ride for days and never hit the same road\trail twice.

Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is lucky. I have 50 acres and a few miles of trails I have to maintain myself. places are tougher than the HM trails we tackled. I have a lot of places I can ride here but nothing as kewl with miles and miles of trails like the HM trails. And the Chief of Police in Gilbert told us they plan to open another 18,000 acres of trails slightly closer to my house, so I can be there in a bit over an hour. Looking forward to trying that out later this year. I like the variety.

ItBmine

Looks like you had a good time Doc. Glad to see you are still happy with the Pioneer. They do look like a nice machine.
I wish I wasn't Polaris blind when I bought my latest one. But I'm sure cured of that now, LOL.