What machine started it all for you???

olcowhand

Used to push toy tractors about in the dirt when I was a young lad, I haven't grown up yet, except my toys are bigger, and I don't push 'em! :D

Now Jim I know of many a time ya still hafta "push em" out of those mud pits you have over there! :mrgreen:

olcowhand

Guess what started me had to be Dad's MF50. It was the first I ever drove. And the only farm tractor we had besides the old Avery Dad had rigged with a front blade to scrape manure outta the barn. That one didn't exactly inspire me as it wasn't so pretty all covered in manure.;)

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Used to push toy tractors about in the dirt when I was a young lad, I haven't grown up yet, except my toys are bigger, and I don't push 'em! :D

Now Jim I know of many a time ya still hafta "push em" out of those mud pits you have over there! :mrgreen:

The whole place is a mud pit :mrgreen:

Archdean

Raised on a dairy farm in the 40's, Family had a Farmall H and a Farmall B, older brother got to use the "H" and I got to spread cow s*it with the "B"~:mrgreen:

Brother still has the H (being repainted and decaled as I write this) and after many many years I had a bit of nostalgia and found "Old Granny B" same year 1940 but different tractor, brought her home and she now resides in her refurbished duel seat modified glory!

Attachments

• Windmill Project 038 (Small).jpg
    Windmill Project 038 (Small).jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Farmall B duel seat completed 004 (Small).jpg
    Farmall B duel seat completed 004 (Small).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 73

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I lived in what is currently 15th biggest city in the nation for 15 years.
Then you must have lived in Columbus :thumb:

I lived east of Columbus in my earlier years on a 100+ acre farm. Most of the land was used by the owners brother growing hay and corn. We got to utilize maybe 30 acres or so. Anyway every summer us boys had to help the owners brother put up the hay and in the fall the corn. We got to keep some of it for our labor. I got to drive a Minneapolis Moline cutting hay at 10-13 years old. I couldn't drive it with the corn picker, I couldn't follow the rows well enough :whistle: That did it for me.
In the 90's I bought my first lawn tractor, still have it. And in 2000 I bought my Yanmar YM1700. Later I decided I wanted a HST with FEL and 4WD to make things easier and bought a NH TC18. And here I am today :mrgreen:

jwstewar

Staff member
I was born and raised in the city. So didn't really get to play with any tractors other than Dad had a 12HP Sears Suburban. Neat little tractor. He had a rear scraper blade, a single bottom plow, and a disc for it. He would go around and till/disc peoples garden for a few $. I would go with him. Finally a few years later he bought a mower deck for it. That became the lawn mower.

Then a few years later my cousin bought a Ford 3000. Never drove it, but it got me interested in them. Finally got to drive an old 9N around the campground one time. That got me hooked. When we bought the property I finally borrowed the 3000 of my cousins to cut the soybeans down that were on the property. Didn't have the money to buy a tractor at that time so I used Dad's Sears. It finally got to the point it wouldn't run. I then got a lawn tractor from the Father-In-Law. I hated that thing, I only used it for about 9 months. We then started shopping for tractors. I was set that I wanted a Kubota, but I went and drove several anyway. Glad I did. Once I drove the New Holland that was the tractor for me. I got the TC-24D in June of 2003 and I absolutely love it. Sometimes I wish it were a little bigger, sometimes a little smaller, but most of the time it is the perfect tractor. Just which I had a compact excavator to compliment the little New Holland.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Paul, welcome to the forum.

When you have a minute would you tell us a little about yourself in the introductions section?

More pictures are always welcome.

Jim

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
The summer I turnd 10, a contractor tore up the low ridge we had played on as Cub Scouts - I watche fro weeks as they cleared and terraced the land with this new '52 model Cat D8 dozer, then buried the trash because LA County had just passed a burn ban - one wild fire and several mud flows later, this 11 year old kid had to show the Corps of Engineers where the trash was buried so they could build the dam - still can smell the diesel exhaust, after all these years!

And still no tractor - - but my favorite is still the late 2U series D8.

Fred

Home is where the bus is....

JDA 3020

Farmall H at the age of 4 was the frst tractor I drove picking up straw bales with the help of my older brother jumping on at the headland and starting me in a new direction for the next set of bales.

Probably the 20 series Deere was the foundation of my love for JD tractors. We had a 3020, 4020 and a 5020 that I spent a lot of hours on.

lb59

The summer I turnd 10, a contractor tore up the low ridge we had played on as Cub Scouts - I watche fro weeks as they cleared and terraced the land with this new '52 model Cat D8 dozer, then buried the trash because LA County had just passed a burn ban - one wild fire and several mud flows later, this 11 year old kid had to show the Corps of Engineers where the trash was buried so they could build the dam - still can smell the diesel exhaust, after all these years!

And still no tractor - -
but my favorite is still the late 2U series D8.

Fred

Home is where the bus is....
I know where there is a CC & a Bolens

Dougster

Old Member
Just THATArea??????:poke: :bangin: :mrgreen: :whistle:
Well... a few other areas as well. ;) Dealing with all these new snowplowing clients is a real trip! They will leave you flat (without notice) to save $5 and they will pull just about any other trick in the book to mess you up to avoid a charge for that particular storm (I offer a money back satisfaction guarantee on EVERYTHING I do). This is all quite new to me... we had little snow last year and I had all great clients... but now I know how some of you grass cutting folks feel about encountering hidden objects out in them overgrown pastures. :rolleyes:

Dougster

Bindian

but now I know how some of you grass cutting folks feel about encountering hidden objects out in them overgrown pastures. :rolleyes:

Dougster

Dougster,
Hit something didn't you? :oops: You better watch those things that go bump in the night.:nuke:

hugs, Brandi