Mallory Resources LLC

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Well Mrs. BD and I have expanded the business already. We started a food service consulting business in May and now yours truly has commercialized the equipment. It will never be a full time business. I found out that people just knowing you have a decent stable of equipment they will seek you out for "small" jobs, so why not use it for some financial advantage.

I've isolated it to general hauling and residential/farm excavating. This month I've repaired and installed cattle hydrants, run water lines, cleared for a carport pad, hauled sand and limestone, and dug a drainage ditch, all within 3 miles of the house on weekends and evenings. Next month the biggest job yet, clearing a cave in (and subsequent erosion) of a running brook adjacent to a home. Wish me luck!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good luck buddy! Now that sounds like some fun work. :thumb:
I was going to ask what you were doing to keep your new dump truck busy. Now I know. :D :thumb:

PBinWA

Good move Big Dog!

So how do you commercialize the equipment? Do you just sell it to the company when you incorporate and then have the company owe you the money?

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
That's what I thought, but with the LLC you can right off and have it remain in your name. You just have to get the correct liability and equipment insurance to cover the particular business your venturing into. Insurance is based on full time, part time, type of business and projected earnings.

BTW ....... I am aware of the implications of working in/on a waterway. The landowner has secured permission.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
I am insuring both entities, liability for both and equipment (truck, trailer, TLB and implements) is a little over 2K/year for 1 mil coverage.