TYM 353HST - mini review The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

shvl73

I'm not sure if the new models have the same type but, heres mine on my 2003 TYM/Mahindra:

Attachments

• position lever stops.jpg
    position lever stops.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 203

RollTide1

Well guys I took the plunge and officially became a member of the TYM family. I got the TYM T353HST w/ LT353H FEL, Worksaver FLGR-4062S grapple rake and Modern 5' Competitor hot dipped galvanized cutter for about $19,500. My dealer has a Modern 5' hot dipped galvanized box scrapper that he offered for $700 and still thinking about getting it. He had to order the grapple rack and installation kit. He will fill the rear tires with water/anti-freeze and deliver everything Wednesday or Thursday of next week. I will get some pictures posted after it's delivered and before it gets too dirty.

Joeyd

Congratulations!! I think you will be happy with it. My only wish is that my land was flatter so I could do more with it. My main functions are driveway/road up keep, firewood management and snowblowing.:letitsnow: But I guess when you decide to live on the side of a mountain you don't get flat land with that view.

That grapple rake you got sure looks like a sweetheart of a toy. You can do a lot of clean up and all around tidying up with that.

Again, welcome to the TYM family.:a1:

Joeyd

fla45fan -

I liked your idea of lights on the ROPS so I had to add some myself. Of course most of my need for light will be snowblowing so mine face rear to go with the 3 pt. blower. I will try and post some pics.

Attachments

• PA010006.jpg
    PA010006.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 182
  • PA010007.jpg
    PA010007.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 183
  • PA010008.jpg
    PA010008.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 184

RollTide1

Thanks Joey
I agree, I think the grapple will be used more than the bucket. I've read some other forums and have seen the same responses about others using the grapple more than the bucket. The lights look good by the way, I will probably add some facing both ways later on. Send us some more pics if you add anything else. Its getting close to your snow season isn't it, so I imagine you will be busy for a while keeping that driveway cleared.

RollTide1

Well we're getting close. My dealer got the tractor picked up from the other dealer's lot close to Birmingham,AL and brought back to Hattiesburg, MS. We're just waiting on the grapple and the installation kit to show up to so he can get it installed and should have it ready to deliver later in the week. I'll get pics posted soon after delivery.

fla45fan

Horns for the Red Bull

You know I was thinking about ordering some steer horns for the Red Bull - but I think these will be much more useful! Got 'em from Payne's (thanks to Doc's suggestion). They were advertised in Tractor House for $325 with free shipping - 2400 lb capacity and 35 inch working area. They were advertised as a "screw up" thus the item code "SU2400" - normally the 2400lb have a 42 inch reach.
The Red Bull's new horns:

Attachments

• DSC02233.JPG
    DSC02233.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 136

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That looks good!!!!!!! :thumb:
Now if you are good maybe Santa will give you the perfect add on for them .... a tooth bar!!!! :eek:

A tooth bar comes in so handy I couldn't believe i went without one for so long. they help you with digging as well as getting vines out of trees (cause the teeth will catch and pull, where the bucket along would not).

But why are they the perfect add on for the forks .... The clamp on forks will wear on the bucket after a while where you screw them down. The tooth bar gives you a big ole surface to clamp down to, saving the bucket. You do not have to have a tooth bar but they do come in handy. I got mine from Markham's welding (their banner rotates at the top of each page). Mellissa at markham's is the gal to deal with. She'll fix you right up. :D

Here is a link to how OhioTC installed his toothbar from Markham, this will show you what the toothbar looks like, and rest assured, your Paynes forks will open wide enough to go over the tooth bar and clamp to it. :thumb:
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1064

And here is a link to Markhams site http://markhamwelding.com/

Joeyd

fla45fan - I think you will like having forks, I have used the heck out of my fork attachment. With the lift capacity of the fel you should be able to do almost anything. Did you ever get the adjustable stops for your 3 pt?

Doc - I purchased a set of the clamp on mirrors and for just backing up they work fine. I will have to see how they do in the snow while using the 3pt snow blower. Any ideas how to keep them from icing up?

Does anyone have a trick to keep rear view mirrors from icing up in the winter?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't get that much snow here, I didn't really have to fire up the tractor at all last year, but when we got a couple inches I couldn't resist going out to play.

I have read where folks use PAM or something similar on their blade to keep it from icing up. I wonder if that would work on mirrors?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Does anyone have a trick to keep rear view mirrors from icing up in the winter?
A cab... :)

Just kidding.

Unless it's falling as freezing rain, they shouldn't accumulate ice. Ice occurs when the snow hits something warm. Since the mirrors are cold, nothing should accumulate.

Lemon Pledge works nicely to keep them clean.

RollTide1

Guys this thing is a beast. I get home from work, get me some scotch, climb on the big red beast and just start my stress relieving session. It is amazing. My grapple arrived at the dealer today from W.R. Long so he will pick up tractor Saturday and get the kit installed for the grapple so I can start the next level of my therapy. Here's some pics of what I have so far.
C:\Users\Wes\Pictures\TYM T353HST Tractor 2010-10-16\TYM T353HST Tractor 002.JPG
C:\Users\Wes\Pictures\TYM T353HST Tractor 2010-10-16\TYM T353HST Tractor 003.JPG
C:\Users\Wes\Pictures\TYM T353HST Tractor 2010-10-16\TYM T353HST Tractor 004.JPG
C:\Users\Wes\Pictures\TYM T353HST Tractor 2010-10-16\TYM T353HST Tractor 006.JPG
DSCF0819.JPG

RollTide1

Well that didn't turn out like I planned. Sorry for the mess up. I'm having some difficulty with uploading pics for my attachments. That's the
WR Long RBG2 grapple I will have just not the Branson tractor.

Last edited:

Joeyd

A cab... :)

Just kidding.

Unless it's falling as freezing rain, they shouldn't accumulate ice. Ice occurs when the snow hits something warm. Since the mirrors are cold, nothing should accumulate.

Lemon Pledge works nicely to keep them clean.

Thanks for the idea, I will try the Pledge on them.

fla45fan

joeyd
I was at the dealers last week and he was going to get them for me.

I don't know but has any one tried using RainX on the mirrors - real slippery stuff on the windows.

RollTide 1
You're killing me with the grapple!! If my neighbors ever saw me coming down the beach with one of those they would figure that I'd finally lost it; and was coming to pick them up and toss 'em in the lake. Bet it would scare all the dogs pooping on the beach too!!! Just kidding - love the dogs!

Doc
between the idea of a toothbar and a grapple - oh God what I could do!!!!

Keep those ideas and pix coming

RollTide1

Let's try this again. :pat:

Attachments

• TYM T353HST Tractor 002.jpg
    TYM T353HST Tractor 002.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 112
  • TYM T353HST Tractor 003.jpg
    TYM T353HST Tractor 003.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 110
  • TYM T353HST Tractor 004.jpg
    TYM T353HST Tractor 004.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 111
  • TYM T353HST Tractor 006.jpg
    TYM T353HST Tractor 006.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 112
  • WR Long RBG2-60 Grapple.jpg
    WR Long RBG2-60 Grapple.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 111

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Resize images to 700x700 for best viewing by all. Those are a tad small RT. You'll get there. :wink:

8x56mn

payne forks

I have a pair of Payne forks, I notice you don't have the tie bar on yours, did you not receive them. They keep the forks from moving side to side and keep them parallel.