homemade Deltahook type quick hitch

myyaz33

Was wondering if anyone has made their own Deltahook type quick hitch system? I really like the way it works and am thinking it should not be that hard to imitate it to make my own version.

Erik

thanks - I've seen other versions of that, but can't think of where.
yes, I think you should be able to come up with something that works for less than they charge.

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
Why not use a Quick hitch made by speedco. I paid 175.00 for the hitch and then it costs about 25.00 for the adaptor bushings for each empliment you need to hook to. A lot cheeper than the delta hook!!

lmbrsn

Was wondering if anyone has made their own Deltahook type quick hitch system? I really like the way it works and am thinking it should not be that hard to imitate it to make my own version.

I was thinking of doing one myself. Let me know if you made it .
I like it better than the other style of quick hitch.
Jim

SARG

Lordy ........ they certainly are pricey. Makes ya wonder what kind of margin they're making ..... Must be over 200%.

myyaz33

I did end up going with a speeco type hitch and have since modified a few implements to fit it. Has been working pretty well.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
I did end up going with a speeco type hitch and have since modified a few implements to fit it. Has been working pretty well.

You wouldn't want to share pics or info of the changes you made to the impliments by any chance would you myyaz33? :tiphat: I just bought a speeco hitch & it wont fit ANY of my impliments . :pat:

myyaz33

Gonna be a couple more days. I can't find pictures on the computer and its too cold to go out and take them..

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Gonna be a couple more days. I can't find pictures on the computer and its too cold to go out and take them..

NP myyaz, I dont blame you a bit for not wanting to go outside if its anything like here . :wink:

myyaz33

Here is the modification to the Leinbach Yard Tool. It took more cutting and welding than any of the others, but I think it worked out the best in the long run for durability.

Basically I just cut the 2 angle iron strips from the main frame and move them in (towards middle) just enough the the black arms could match up on the outside of the angle iron. Hard to explain, easy to see. Also had to notch out the angle right underneath the pin so the hitch would be able to slide under and connect.

Now after doing all that, I am ready to sell the Yard Tool because I have replaced it with a Harley Rake. :)

Attachments

• yardtoolBefore.jpg
    yardtoolBefore.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 405
  • 102_3365 (Small).JPG
    102_3365 (Small).JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 404

myyaz33

Here is the notch for the KKII tiller. I will probably weld some thin sheet metal to cover the hole and try to prevent corrosion.

Attachments

• 102_3371 (Small).JPG
    102_3371 (Small).JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 402

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Good pics myyaz33 , thanks for taking the time to explain as well . I'll have to see if that will work for my kk boxblade I think its very similiar to your yard tool .

I cant remember why it wouldn't hook up to my disc or finish mower though . but I'm begining to think the quick hitch wasn't such a good ideal afterall though it sure dont make sense to have to take a chance of weakening the mounting points of all of my impliments to make hooking them up easier . I just happen to have a pic of my 6 1/2 foot disc on my puter so I'm posting it to compare untill I get out to the shop . :confused2:

Attachments

• PC030002.JPG
    PC030002.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 395

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
After posting the pic I dont think its worth the trouble . On the disc I put the pins to the outside but the mounting tabs are still a bit to wide & the pins are to close to the front bar . I just dont see no way to make it work without weakening the heck out of it & that disc is one heavy son ofa gun . :confused2:

myyaz33

I disagree. With grinding wheel and a welder, you could make it work pretty easy and still been plenty strong. Maybe take about 1 1/2 hours.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
I disagree. With grinding wheel and a welder, you could make it work pretty easy and still been plenty strong. Maybe take about 1 1/2 hours.

Yep your right myyaz , I had to look at it in the shop up close . Basiclly I just need to cut the two taps off & make new ones that are a little bit longer for more clearence between the pin & the front frame , then reweld those on the inside of the 3 point support bars . I have to dig through my iron pile .

The box blade wont be quite as simple I dont think , but I'll take a better pic afterwhile & see what you suggest is the best way to change it . I thought I had a closer pic but this is the only one I could find , before our last 2 snows . Thanks again . :respect:

Attachments

• P1280007.JPG
    P1280007.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 386