Chinese machines

Mith

I looking into getting a build-it-yourself Jinma a couple years back. The urge to get one it starting to come back.
I figure if I bought one in a crate, and built it, if for whatever reason it didn't work out for me I could always sell at a profit (lots of market for these here).

Is anyone here have experience with Jinmas, or other chinese tractors, building or using them?
Any thoughts on pros/cons?

The price of a new tractor here is a little on the high side. I thought this might be a way to move up to a larger machine, and possibly make a profit if it comes to selling.

Cheers

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't really have anything to add other than I've been looking for a good used Chinese machine for awhile just to play with. I find the simplicity amusing for some reason. Probably set it up for the wife!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mith,
I bet you would do good with putting one of those together. And, if you kept it you would know it inside and out so if any issues came up you could fix it. And, if you sold it, you would be all set to get another to put together and do the process all over again. You could build one a year. Use it for awhile, then sell it (of course you would use it while it was up for sale) then start the process all over again if you wanted to.
Sounds like a good plan to me.

Big Dog said:
I've been looking for a good used Chinese machine for awhile just to play with. I find the simplicity amusing for some reason. Probably set it up for the wife!

:yum: Are you saying your wife is simplistic and amusing? :yum: :yankchain: :hide: For some reason it sure made me laugh! :D

Mith

BD, considering the new price, finding a decent deal on an old one might just not be possible. I like the simplcity too, seems it would be nice and easy to fix, with minimal electronics.

Doc, my thoughts exactly. If all goes well I could stand to effectively learn about the tractor, and get a couple months use out of it, and then get paid for it all when I sell it. On the other hand, if it doesnt go well, I lose it all......
This is why I'm interested to hear how good they are, how likely problems are etc....

Cheers

billbill1

Mith, I have one of the rebadged Chinese tractors that I bought new 3-1/2 years ago. I have 300 hours on it and have had very few problems with it. Mine is rated @ 28 hp, is 4wd, with a 140 Koyker loader. I use it for everything around our small acreage that I can think to use it for. I do not agree with buying Chinese products if there is a choice but this is what I have. If you have good mechanical skills, putting one together would be a snap. No modern electronics on these simple machines, very similar to older ford type tractors. Mine was $6750 new for the tractor only and that was the assembled price. Very poor fluids come in these tractors, I changed mine early on. I use it to mow my land and to process firewood. With the use of a radiator heater, it has never failed to start no matter how cold. I keep the neighborhood driveways cleared with a rear blade and 4wd is a must for how I use it. Hope this helps some.

8x56mn

OMG, I worked and lived in China as a Mechanical Engineer and can tell you that the Chineese left to their own demise make junk period. They have no concept of how to build a machine to last unless they have Americans looking over their shoulder. I know it sounds harsh, but!

nuffer460

8x56mn, Here's my junk!! It's not even two years old yet. Has 507 hours on the clock. Gets serviced regularly. Just last week it moved 140 tons of 2" crushed stone 500 feet. Never missed a beat. If you don't like a tractor or where it comes from, or run one. Go easy on them!! A tractor is an investment, and I beleive that for every tractor, their is a tractor owner proud of it.

Attachments

• Wood Clean Up 002 (Small).jpg
    Wood Clean Up 002 (Small).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 266
  • Wood Clean Up 003 (Small).jpg
    Wood Clean Up 003 (Small).jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 259
  • Steve Carter Stone Drive 001 (Small).jpg
    Steve Carter Stone Drive 001 (Small).jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 262
  • Steve Carter Stone Drive 002 (Small).jpg
    Steve Carter Stone Drive 002 (Small).jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 259

8x56mn

Sorry if I ofended you, I didn'y say I didn't like your tractor just how things are made in China. I guess the PC police are alive and well on this forum. Good luck, btw you probably should put some air in your left front tire:wink:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics nuffer. Nice set up you have there. That's one big chunk of wood you are toting in your front end loader. :eek: :thumb:

8x56 I wouldn't call it the PC police but we all do have our opinions. Cheers! :beer:

nuffer460

Doc, That was one of twelve sections taken out of a tree. The limbs kept the neighbor going most of the winter.

8x56, I am not really ofended, it's just hard to keep getting hammered on for having a tractor made in China. The reality is most compact tractors are built in other countries, then re-assembled here. I think Kubota has a couple built completly in the states? I do have to agree with you that the casting could be smoother. I think that if you like your tractor and it works for you. Who am I to tell you different!!:tiphat:

John

turbo

here is my crated tractor, I've had a year now, and no problems

unloadingtractor002.jpg

100_1094001.jpg

100_1123.jpg

JVT

My 1530 john deere That was new in 69 I call an international. The jd diesel engine has made in france on it,Orginal tires said great britan,frame made in W. gremany.I replaced the stock insterment rpm /speed guage with a stock one from the dealor that had mexico on it.

turbo

john Deere has bought a plant in China, so I expect that JD tractors will have Chinese parts in there too.

I just Know that my Jinma tractor is 100% Chinese weather that a good thing or not.

HARDY L

WHAT SIZE IS IT? I HAVE GOT A FARM PRO 2520 I THANK? [HAS BEEN AT DAD'S FROM THE DAY WE WENT AND GOT IT 7 MOUTHS AGO!] GOT IT FROM EBAY SHOULD HAVE BEEN A 2005 BUT WHEN WE WENT TO GET IT IT WAS A 2002 LOOKED REAL GOOD HADN'T BEEN USED MUCH ,IT ALSO HAS A BACKHOE ON IT. GOT IT FOR AROUND $8,700.00 DAD LOVES IT USES IT AROUND HIS SMALL HORSE FARM. THEY ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE OIL, MINE STILL HAD THE OLD OIL IN THE HYDRAULICS.WHEN I CHANGED IT OUT IT MADE A BIG CHANGE IN THE LOADER.WISH I HAD LOOKED INTO PUTTING ONE TOGETHER.SOUNDS LIKE THAT WOULD BE A WAY TO GO, GIVE DAD AND ME SOMETHING TO DO TOGETHER. GOOD LUCK WITH IT LET US KNOW IF YOU SELL IT AND MAKE ANYTHING

nuffer460

turbo, Nice job. I see you have the same problem, as I do. I forget that it's still a compact tractor.:pat: They work harder than their frame size.

turbo

turbo, Nice job. I see you have the same problem, as I do. I forget that it's still a compact tractor.:pat: They work harder than their frame size.

I must admit I have not babied my tractor I have had my wheel of the ground many times, from trying to pick up something or tying to pull it. :pat: at that point I realized I didn't need to move that after all. :eek:

It's a lot of tractor for the money I happy I got it.

dave405

jinma crate tractor

I bought a jinma 354 crate tractor, it was very easy to assemble and has been dependable since I bought it in late 2004. by dependable I mean no major problems with it.

20/20

I owned a 254 jinma and it ran great, well worth the $$$ and was still running hard when I let it go(900+hrs). Infact I kick myself for selling it, and now I'm looking to buy another.