Kubota recall

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I have not heard flip from my dealer, I wonder how long I can wait to see if he contacts me, is there a time limit on the recall? Is there a mileage cap or total hour meter limit?
Thanks,
dirt

My understanding of a "Recall" is.... we messed up, bad or dangerous design, repairs are to be made regardless of ownership or age, mileage ect. "Service bulletins" to me are if its in the shop and you see this problem fix it or if someone complains fix it.
Furthermore, it seems like a Recall would be something that the manufacturer would contact you the purchaser about if you filled out the warranty card when you purchased the machine.
I could be wrong but it seems weird to me that Kubota would send out a recall to dealers and have the individual dealers look through all their records to find purchasers for recall repairs and then contact them.
I would think Kubota would send you something in the mail to let you know your machine is recalled, furthermore obviously they would notify dealers of the recall for customers machines that are having issues or machines in for repair that have slipped through the cracks.

:shit:

Old Man 1944

Gold Site Supporter
My thinking on the recall is that some dealers are fairly busy on the recall others not so much because of sales. They apparently left it to the dealers to handle. I would defiantly call and check or you might be waiting for weeks. First come first served. :tiphat:

got my 1120 back from the dealer this morning. They replaced hubs and right a-arm. I had them install a hand throttle kit, can't wait to use it when snow plowing up the mountain.

Thank you guys for letting me know. Called dealer just now he said I have the parts when can you drop it off? Long story short they will pick it up tomorrow. Mine is 2014 x900 worksite model that the Cincinnati bUngals used for a while.

628pm

Site Supporter
I contacted my dealer after reading the thread, he verified that mine was one needing to be recalled, so he ordered the parts.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

CenTex

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
TSB Number?

My dealer is not aware of the wheel hub replacement TSB for my 2013 RTV X1120D.
Does anyone have the TSB number or date of issue? I need to educate this dealer or find a new dealer.
Thanks

tfdr1

I just called my dealer and got the following info about it.

PSB 2017-006R1 issued Feb 9th then pulled from dealer view for 1 month and reissued 2nd week of March.

Dave

Heatwave

Does anyone know the model years included in the recall? I don't think the dealership I bought from in 2008 is still in business. How do I learn more about this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disregard my last. I found the recall notice on a Kubota website ... says the recall is for RTV 1100 models mf'd in 2013, 2014, and 2015, with serial numbers between 10001 t0 23172.

tfdr1

It also covers the X900. I would call the closest Kubota dealer and speak to the service dept.

Dave

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
on 3/24/17 i called my dealer and asked if my x1100c was in the recall. my dealer told me it was and ordered the parts and said they would call when parts were available. the dealer picked up my machine on 5/3/17 for repair. it appears the dealers have to wait for parts availability. my suggestion would be to call your dealer and get in line.

Heatwave

It also covers the X900. I would call the closest Kubota dealer and speak to the service dept.

Dave

Thank you, Dave. I drive past the Kubota dealership on the way into town and back each day. I will inquire about the recall and will post the response.

Thank you for your suggestion.

PS. That's a beautiful shepherd in your sig pic. Is he/she yours?

tfdr1

Thanks Heatwave. Yup he was mine. We showed him for his first couple years then decided it was too much of a hassle running all over New England to show him and stopped. Unfortunately we had to put him down just over a year ago due to a ruptured cancerous tumor.

Dave

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My dealer said there were different parts kits depending on year and model. Sounded like quite a few affected

Heatwave

tfdr1 I'm sorry to hear of your dog's misfortune. Been there ... done that. You truly have my sympathies.

As for the RTV recall: local RTV dealer informed me this morning that it covers certain models designated as X machines. Mine is just a plain vanilla RTV900, so no recall for my machine (nor need for one).

I got a call today from my dealer about a recall on replacing the rear ball joints on the 2014 X1100C? Odd there are different recalls and the dealers are calling. No letter in the mail. My dealer is now Messicks since the dealer I bought it from has now gone and Messicks bought out the person who bought out my dealer. Which is fine with me except they are further away. But they said they will come to the farm to do the job.

I've been busy, so hadn't posted in a while but wanted to let you all know about this recall. 4,496 miles on mine (over 800 hours).

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I got a call today from my dealer about a recall on replacing the rear ball joints on the 2014 X1100C? Odd there are different recalls and the dealers are calling. No letter in the mail. My dealer is now Messicks since the dealer I bought it from has now gone and Messicks bought out the person who bought out my dealer. Which is fine with me except they are further away. But they said they will come to the farm to do the job.

I've been busy, so hadn't posted in a while but wanted to let you all know about this recall. 4,496 miles on mine (over 800 hours).

rear ball joints? is this a separate recall from the one where they replaced the rear hubs? not sure where the rear ball joints are,is this on the rear axle??? sorry for being so thick.:sorry:

Nothing was said about the hubs and the person calling from Messicks was just the rental equipment manager who was given the task of locating the machine I bought.

He told me someone from the service department would be contacting me in the next few weeks.

rear ball joints? is this a separate recall from the one where they replaced the rear hubs? not sure where the rear ball joints are,is this on the rear axle??? sorry for being so thick.:sorry:

aurthuritis, I have a feeling that this guy called the hubs ball joints and it's probably the same thing that you all heard about ages ago and I am just finding out.

Kubota has sent me notices prior to this, like when they put the rubber flap over the engine under the bed, so I don't know why they are now changing the method of notification.

I need to pay attention to this board more often, then I would have already known about it and called them up!

10-e-c-dirt

aurthuritis,

Kubota has sent me notices prior to this, like when they put the rubber flap over the engine under the bed, so I don't know why they are now changing the method of notification.

Neither Kubota or my dealer have got in contact with me! I'm just wondering if they will!