x1100c front drive shaft removal

well i gave up and ordered a new front driveshaft now i can't figure out how to remove it i took out the center crossmember thinking i could get it low enough to slide it out the back no luck .it looks to me like i might have to remove or unbolt the front diff and lift it up then bring it out the front looking for suggestions

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i checked the manual and it doesn't have any description for removal of the front drive shaft. it does appear that the front diff has to be unbolted and slid forward though

thanks just was hoping maybe someone had a clever trick to get it out i really like this thing but its a real pita to work on its got alot of things going on in a very small area

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
yea , sorry. if it makes you feel better it looks like the front diff will be easy to unbolt. and hopefully all you will need to do is just slide it forward without any further disassembly.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i have been reading old drive shaft posts. it appears there are assy and disassembly instructions with the new shaft. might ask the dealer to open the box and scan them for you?

i unbolted the front diff pulled it forward it didn't help if i could get get the front diif out i'd pull through the front but looking at it i'm not sure how you'd get the front diff out

yep i'm thinking i might have to remove the boot and disassemble the rear cv joint if it comes to that i might just put the new shafts cv joint on the old shaft and leave the front one alone

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
did you have to disassemble the cv in order to get the shaft from between the output and input shafts? or did you have to disassemble the cv in order to get the shaft out from under the machine? Thanks for posting this for us

I took out the crossmember and disassembled the rear cv on the front propeller shaft to remove then has to disassemble the rear of the new one I unbolted the front diff and pulled it forward for some more room but I don’t know for sure that I had to

cooper426

Hi, i purchased a RTV-X1100 that was missing this prop shaft.

I have manual and there is nothing regarding insltaling or removing.

I discovered its very easy to install.
1. Remove floor pan.
2. Remove prop shaft guard on drivers side only, 2 bolts plus 1 bolt for hose braket.
3. Slide shaft inside drivers side wheelwell guiding into center of RTV. You need to squeeze boot past drivers axle shaft.
4. Slide propshaft twards back of atv, sqweeze other boot past front axle.
5. Now there is enough room to compress prop shaft ends to clear both front and back splines. I installed rear first then front.
6. Reinstall prop shaft guard and floor pan. Done

Took about 20min.

Hope this helps next guy.

roger706

Hi, i purchased a RTV-X1100 that was missing this prop shaft.

I have manual and there is nothing regarding insltaling or removing.

I discovered its very easy to install.
1. Remove floor pan.
2. Remove prop shaft guard on drivers side only, 2 bolts plus 1 bolt for hose braket.
3. Slide shaft inside drivers side wheelwell guiding into center of RTV. You need to squeeze boot past drivers axle shaft.
4. Slide propshaft twards back of atv, sqweeze other boot past front axle.
5. Now there is enough room to compress prop shaft ends to clear both front and back splines. I installed rear first then front.
6. Reinstall prop shaft guard and floor pan. Done

Took about 20min.

Hope this helps next guy.
Thanks man it did help real simple just as you said