Square Foot Garden

Nick

A few pix of our 'Square Foot Garden". It's small, but we have fun growing our 'crops'. The idea is to make use of every square foot of space. We've been doing this with varying degrees of success for several years. One problem that we've run into with everything being so close together is a lack of air circulation, which causes some problems.

This year we've harvested a couple of kinds of lettuce. Snap and sugar peas are almost ready for picking. Just put tomatoes and bell pepper plants in the ground after threat of late spring freeze had passed. Also have some thornless blackberries and raspberries growing against a fence. We also have about 12 blueberry plants that are ripe with fruit already (no late winter freeze this year:rolleyes:)

Closest thing to a tractor (and it's not close at all) is a small Honda tiller that I use to break up the soil before planting in the early spring.

For you dog lovers out there, I also included a couple of pictures of my two 'babies' sniffing around the garden.

Nick

Attachments

• IMG_1670001.jpg
    IMG_1670001.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1672001.jpg
    IMG_1672001.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1682001.jpg
    IMG_1682001.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1690001.jpg
    IMG_1690001.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 34

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics Nick. We will garden on a small scale also. We are picking up some tomatoes, peppers and some other surprizes later this week. yep, we are kinda behind this year.

Nick

Hey Doc,

We're in Georgia, so we're a few weeks ahead of you. If we don't get some rain though, the garden will be short lived again this year. Very strict outdoor watering rules in effect - 25 minutes of watering with a hand held hose, 3 days a week, between the hours of 4AM and 9AM. No sprinklers or other irrigation devices. Better than nothing though. We pray for rain here.

Nick