Tractor Radio

warcloud

I'm new to the site was wondering if someone would know where i could get a radio for my BX 2360. all of the radio's ive seen are for the big tractors looking for something for the compact size.

urednecku

1st, welcome to the site!:beer:
2nd, I've seen the radio discussed someplace, can't remember right now where. I think some earmuffs, like these, might be better. On most machines, a mounted radio would have to be pretty loud to hear over the machine, and the neighbors would hear it better than you. The muffs would help protect your hearing and let you hear the radio better. And at this price, I'm about to order that pair to use myself, while mowing the yard and for seat-time on my M7040.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome. :wave:

I'm afraid I can't help with your question although Redneck's suggestion seems a good one.

I had a radio installed in the L4740 when I got it but seldom play it. There's nothing on the B2400. I'm one of those wierd people who likes to sit and listen to the engine, transmission and mower when I'm working. I'm the same in my truck. I very seldom play the radio except on long, long trips and then it's usually a case of inserting my favorite CD at the time and play it over and over and over. It drives my wife nuts ... which is a good thing. She seldom travels with me in my vehicle if she has a choice. :yum:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love music and got a pair of head phones much like what urednecku posted. Had a hard tiem keeping them on station and getting the sound adjustment just right. Then before the end of the 1st season they broke.
I still needed hearing protection from the mower sound so I started using my gun ear muffs. Worked well, and I could still hear the sounds of the engine and all else, just at a different pitch. Then I started using my iPhone with little ear buds underneath the shooting ear muffs. Works great.
So, my suggestion is use your iPod or MP3 player. Both of these options offer up a radio add on if it is not already part of the unit. Works for me.
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. :thumb: :D

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love music and got a pair of head phones much like what urednecku posted. Had a hard tiem keeping them on station and getting the sound adjustment just right. Then before the end of the 1st season they broke.
I still needed hearing protection from the mower sound so I started using my gun ear muffs. Worked well, and I could still hear the sounds of the engine and all else, just at a different pitch. Then I started using my iPhone with little ear buds underneath the shooting ear muffs. Works great.
So, my suggestion is use your iPod or MP3 player. Both of these options offer up a radio add on if it is not already part of the unit. Works for me.
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. :thumb: :D

Archdean

My solution!

Mount an XM MYfi radio in it's little holster and use the included antenna (mount on top of the rops) now invest in a pair of (very good and very comfortable Sony headphones) about $7 and enjoy >170 channels of whatever pleases you via satellite!!