Front push blade BX-2230

1kubota

Hi Folks,
I've been looking high and low for a front blade, no luck. I thought I might try to adapt one to my bucket on the FEL. Clamp it on ??? The bucket is 4' wide, thought about using a 6' blade. Anyone done this , any idea's and/or pictures?
Thanks
Larry- Northern In. in the snow Brrrrrr

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Larry,

I've considered the same but scrapped the idea and invested some of the $ into the best cold-weather clothing I could get (and pocketed the rest).

My tractor is a tad larger but found that with a 6' blade in the rear and the standard bucket in the front, it takes care of business handily. The clothing investment was to assure I could spend the little extra time in the seat during the damn-cold season sitting on the tractor but I can wear it with me so I can spend some sledding time with the kids or just hang out and watch my beer freeze as I sit in the frozen lawn chair.

Respectfully submitted,
BC from PA which has the same damn cold you do. Current temp is 8 degrees.

1kubota

Thanks for you advice. I'll probably end up going with the back blade? May invest the extra $$ in making a cab, sure can't afford to buy a ready to mount. My plow tractor has been for approx. 30 years is a old Wheel Horse, ( 1966 656 ) year before last I put a cheap cab on it, made for a step thru like sears etc. picked it up for $60. feet area is open but keeps the blowing snow and wind off your body. i plow my 70' drive, my Sons 50' and a couple neighbors. Got hit with 16" on the levelthis past Sunday/Monday, Drifting was a problem. Our county was declared a state of emergency.
Larry

Attachments

• 1966 656..jpg
    1966 656..jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 85

Kanook

Hi Folks,
I've been looking high and low for a front blade, no luck. I thought I might try to adapt one to my bucket on the FEL. Clamp it on ??? The bucket is 4' wide, thought about using a 6' blade. Anyone done this , any idea's and/or pictures?
Thanks
Larry- Northern In. in the snow Brrrrrr

I built one a few years back to go on my B1700. Had a metal shop roll a sheet of 3/16 plate into a curved blade 24" high and 54" wide. I should have made it 60" but thats another story. I had them bend some 1/4" into U shaped steel that I welded to the blade and is used to attached the FEL arms to the blade once the bucket is removed. Worked really well. It is currently stored in the back corner of my 'barn' and I will try to get a pic tomorrow.

Kanook

Thanks for getting back, looking forward to pics

Larry
Acouple of pics..It is laying face down on top of a mower deck. I don't use it any more only because I have a blade on my RTV 900 and the FEL is handy for piling snow with the B1700. If I were to build another, I would make the blade wider (say 5 1/2 ft) and extended the triangular piece that attaches to the blade to allow for more angleing. A hydraulic angling was in the plan but as I said the RTV blade came along so this one got sidetracked.

OH! BTW!...excuse my welding.

Attachments

• blade2.jpg
    blade2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 69
  • blade1.jpg
    blade1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 68

1kubota

If you are located somewhere near me I would take it off your hands if the price is right. Not sure if the distance is the same between fel arms on your and my tractors

Larry
Northern Indiana

Kanook

Google Earth puts the north eastern tip of Indiana at about 550 miles from my location in eastern Ontario Canada...as the crow flys...not to mention that Canada/USA border crossing...Too bad 'cause I'd certainly let it go real cheap seeing as I have no need for it.

1kubota

Not much of a chance taking it off your hands. Thanks for the offer. I'll keep your pics incase I decide to build one. Looks to be a very good design. Stay warm HaHa

Larry